• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has the Forum been hacked?

Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All it is me, (Paula Ziecina)

Since reporting a spam posting in the Muse forum, and receiving a notification that I have been mentioned in the 'Back Room', (spam reports) I have been unable to log-in to the forum, and all my postings since joining the forum have been deleted.

Can someone please check and find out what is happening. Maybe I have been 'listed' as the spammer?

Thank you,

Paula

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Hi again Paula, thanks for providing these examples- this helped the Jive engineer investigate the issue further. It appears our deactivate action kicked off a Jive delete action without our knowledge or it was done as a mistake click on our end- they can't tell which it is. So there were in fact pieces of content deleted. And I'm afraid I have to be the bearer of even worse news- we cannot restore this content as it was already removed from the database (as you mentioned you were familiar with)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina wrote:

Many a truth is spoken in jest.

I had to install a new browser in order to create a new account. If I had not, no one would have ever known.

Thats what happens when you try and defect to the Muse forum. Let it be a lesson for anyone else, stay away from Muse.

Now you can plot your revenge in the cottage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought i would let everyone know.

Managed to get a late booking to new orleans, flight leaving in 1 hr.

last went there in 1972, celebrating new year there this year, if anyone lives there just look for the happy person sitting at the bar on new years eve, it's probably me, (or maybe under the bar).

Have a wonderfull new year everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to get a late booking to new orleans, flight leaving in 1 hr.

Wow. That does sound like fun. Have a great trip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

Hope you had a great vacation. I will share this forum post with the forums team for their action. I apologize for your frustration.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran,

Got back about 2 hrs ago, had a great time, it rained but I live in the U/K, so it was a normal new years eve for me.

Hope you had a good vacation also, sorry you have come back to this mess.

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

I just took a look at this and first off- I'm so sorry for our mistake here. I have reminded my team to take extra care to check points & status when deactivating. Luckily, your account was simply deactivated and reactivated. Nothing was deleted or removed. If it had been, we would have been able to restore it, but it would have taken a lot longer to get done. When I look at your account, I see many posts from 2016 and I see 4,795 points. There are 3,213 total messages associated with your account. Do you believe you had more points before the deactivation? I haven't heard of this being a side effect with deactivation/reactivation but I can certainly look into it for you.

Let me know and again, I'm very sorry for the mixup!

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadisonMLeupp wrote:

Hi Paula,

I just took a look at this and first off- I'm so sorry for our mistake here. I have reminded my team to take extra care to check points & status when deactivating. Luckily, your account was simply deactivated and reactivated. Nothing was deleted or removed. If it had been, we would have been able to restore it, but it would have taken a lot longer to get done. When I look at your account, I see many posts from 2016 and I see 4,795 points. There are 3,213 total messages associated with your account. Do you believe you had more points before the deactivation? I haven't heard of this being a side effect with deactivation/reactivation but I can certainly look into it for you.

Let me know and again, I'm very sorry for the mixup!

-Madison

MadisonMLeupp​

Thank you for replying.

I can with 100% certainty say that about 5000+ points are missing, hundreds of posts if not thousands are still missing, and my main complaints have not been addressed.

The two main complaints are that I am still named as the spammer in the spam reports thread, (no 5), and no apology has been given to others that have been affected, as many others have had their posts deleted, (replies to my post(s) or discussions) and possibly also had points missing.

If you ask BenPleysier, Osgood, Nancy OShea, or most Dw forum ACP's/MVP's they will tell you that just before the break I started a discussion on css grid layouts, (approx 35 posts) which is now gone. Also if you ask Preran I started a discussion on what people would be learning this year, about 6 months ago, (approx 50 posts) which he posted a link to on the Dw forum home page, also now missing, the list could go on.

Over the last few months I have also made hundreds of replys to discussions, (also created one) regarding Dw 2017, all now missing, and the replys to my replys, and replys to those replys, (add infinitum) are also gone.

This simple mistake, (I do think it was a genuine mistake ) has not just caused myself problems but many others, and whilst the points are not important to me, the posts and possibly points being deleted of other forum members should be the main concern of everyone.

Preran has today replied to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2252758 which had been marked correct and included posts by myself and Nancy, which no doubt will confuse the OP of that discussion, as it will the OP's of similar discussions that have also had all replies deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

Thank you for the extra information. I have opened a case with Jive, our forum software provider, to start an investigation on the backend.

Who are the others that have been affected? From what I can see, your name was accidentally posted as the spammer in our Spam Reports thread, but this was the only user mistake made in that thread. I can assure you it was a genuine mistake- as the reporter, you were listed as the spammer instead of the actual author of the spam.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Madison,

I can certainly say that all the regular contributors to the Dw forum have been affected, and possibly people who contributed to 80% of the posts regarding Dw 2017 over the last few months. A problem arises with knowing just who replied to my posts in those threads, because if they replied to anything I posted and are not ACP's/MVP's or regular contributors then their user names have been lost forever.

In the first day or so after this happened, many posts that I checked had been deleted, but I gave up checking as the list was in the hundreds, and some posts reappeared a few hours later, (but certainly not many) with no apparent order or date of posting being obvious.

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadisonMLeupp

Only just checked, and I don't know if it will help, but all posts and discussions in the 'ACPTopics' and the 'Lounge', have also been deleted.

Glad I never submitted the blog post on using css shapes now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing in those spaces? I can see all the content there. I'm wondering if this is a cache or user syncing issue.

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to show it is all missing, even looking at my 'Content' in the user profile nothing is being shown for the missing content.

That's what makes me think what is now missing has been deleted from the server.

I don't know if you have access to the database server logs for the incident, but they should at least show how many 'deletions' have been made relating to that sql query, or the action taken with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madison,

If you look at this thread the last post is dated 2013, but in the 'Your Content' section of my profile it is showing the last post was in 2015. What do you see?

Capture.PNG

I have cleared my browser cache, and all app data.

Sorry forgot to include the link - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/873166

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula, I'm seeing the same thing, but 2015 is the latest activity, not latest post. It means if someone marked an item as helpful or correct or edited a post, moved the thread, deleted something... any "activity" in 2015- that would be the date listed.

-Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Madison,

I was hoping it may help, I'll keep looking.

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped having replies sent to me via email  after the initial response to Dw 2107, but I have found a reply to the following discussion, that shows missing' posts -

Discussion - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2241183

I have more but the example is -

POLL:  How many people use Flexbox?

created by ALsp in Dreamweaver support forum - View the full discussion

pziecina wrote:

Note: As flexbox has virtually no support in Dw, any 'I use flexbox' answers will be from experienced coders and people using other code editors I would think.

There are one or two extensions available. While the Dreamweaver community on this forum is not into extensions, extensions are what made Dreamweaver a useful application 🙂

I could probably go through my deleted emails, and recover a lot of what is missing, (up to 1 Nov 2016).

Paula

POLL:  How many people use Flexbox?

created by osgood_ in Dreamweaver support forum - View the full discussion

pziecina wrote:

osgood_ wrote:

Sure BUT for now I'd rather play safe and use the prefixing. I'm sure one of the browsers you mention above for sure needed a prefix for flex-wrap: wrap; on my Mac, maybe Safari I think.

I think it was iOS7 and Safari 7 that dropped the prefix requirement.

iOS6 and Safari 5 used the original flexbox specification, which is what I think most people against flexbox refer to, as it did not support wrap. Which is not quite true, as with a very code invalid hack, could be forced to implement wrap for at least the first set of contents that it was applied to.

Enough said.

I cant remember now but I think it was Safari but I have v8 on my computer.

The prefixing was generated via an online tool :

Autoprefixer CSS online – make your vendor prefixes is actual.

But is wasnt until I added this combination that it worked correctly:

display: -webkit-flex; /* Safari */

-webkit-flex-wrap: wrap; /* Safari 6.1+ */

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm your most memorable threads are missing.  

One recent one in the ACP Forum is entirely gone.  A real shame because that thread inspired a lot of  ACP discussion.

And you're not being credited for ones you created. like this one from a Forum Search:

Paula created it but AL Sparber is credited for it.

Re: Why are we here?

Created 4 months ago by ALsp in Dreamweaver support forum

pziecina wrote: The problems with Dw extensions came when Adobe decided to get rid...

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

I was beginning to doubt my sanity on this, as there does not appear to be any logical order to what is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  It's helter skelter for sure.

I wonder if any of this is related to a forum Sync problem that was reported in the Back Room this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

Yeah. It's helter skelter for sure.

I wonder if any of this is related to a forum Sync problem that was reported in the Back Room this weekend.

Maybe, but that would not explain why the actual posts and points are missing.

One of the biggest problems is that in the Dw forum, most of us know how databases work. So saying something cannot, or should not happen to us, is like saying we cannot write the sql to make it happen. Something we know is untrue.

I can think of a number of reasons why it happened, how the query / stored procedure or transaction was written, the actions required for it to happen, and so could you and most others in this forum.

It was probably a mistake waiting to happen, which is why I don't think anyone is to blame. Lets just hope the design of the database is fixed so it does not happen again. I also wonder how many other forums unknowingly have the same problem waiting to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OFF TOPIC. 

I'm working with Amazon Web Services (a whole new learning curve). 

Amazon's creed is simple:  "Everything fails all the time."

Instance failure is very common.  In fact,  I have an instance that is degrading as I write this.  While AWS gives you all the tools to do pretty much whatever you need, if you recklessly spin up a single instance, place a critical app on it and then expect it to never fail you are living in La La Land.   Without sufficient redundancies in place, everything will fail at some point.  The goal is to make fault tolerant solutions.   Sometimes that's easier said than done.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To show points are missing this post had a reply by myself, marked as helpful, (no post, no helpful showing) -

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2241981?

Extensions on CC 2017, Win10

Nancy OShea marked Paula Ziecina's reply on Extensions on CC 2017, Win10 as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

As the web assist extensions 'piggy back' on the server behaviours, it may be that the introduction of the light/dark UI is causing the problem.

I have installed an extension that is 'stand-alone' in 2017 and does not have the new UI colors, but I have not looked into the requirements of how one would 'pick-up' the UI colors. It may be necessary to wait for the updated SB's to be released, (don't know when) but I did a search in the Dw extensions and did not find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadisonMLeupp

Hi Madison,

Do you wish me to go through my emails to find more examples of missing posts/discussions?

Missing discussion examples -

You have been mentioned

by BenPleysier in Re: OT: css grid layouts, css layouts finally come of age? in Adobe Community - View BenPleysier's reference to you

pziecina wrote:

Here's a quick demo of grids and flexbox in use together -

http://www.pziecina.com/grids_demo.html

I'll only leave this up for a few week, so if you are reading this past new year 2018, it may be gone.

For those not following: You have to enable experimental features in your browser to get css grid layouts to work. See Bens's Post in this discussion, (thanks for posting that Ben).

pziecina, thank you, thank you for the brilliant example where you have used grid and flex to complement each. I now have to eat humble pie for my previous message where I sounded like the lecturer as in all talk and no action.

As for the year 2018, who knows. driver-less cabs, 6-hour flights to Melbourne and fool-proof climate-change modelling.

How should features in Dw be decided upon?

BenPleysier marked Paula Ziecina's reply on How should features in Dw be decided upon? as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

I think we have gone off-topic now, but in the interest of improving Dw for everyone I would like to pose the following question to everyone taking part.

Flexbox is subject to the official ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks Paula- this is very helpful. Jive is still looking into this- I'll let you know as soon as I have more info or any instructions for you. -Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines