• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Header Footer with same properties not displaying accurately between two pages

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Building a new website and I’m using two css stylesheets which is consistent with my home page. One stylesheet is for the Header/Footer and the other is for its contents. The navigation and footer sections are separated so that I don’t need to repeat my work over on every page. I'm working on the second page of its design. Programming is the same between the two pages except its navigation is not displayed properly on the second page. My logo is sitting in the wrong place and the navigation bar is not spaced properly from left to right. I have written all container code in unique form so that there is no overlapping properties. Navigation should display properly on all of its pages. Any idea why or whats wrong with this section?

Devin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the code here so that we can see what you are seeing.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best thing you can do is share the code. Short of that you can right click on an element, like your image, and choose inspect element.  In the CSS inspector of your browser you can see what CSS attributes are impacting your design and see where the differences are to resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see no need for TWO stylesheets.  That's probably causing more harm than help at this point.

For consistency across small, medium or large sites, it's best to have one stylesheet which defines all sitewide elements  -- header, navigation, body, footer, etc...

On those rare occasions when you need them, embeded styles inside the <head> tags are for page specific styles.

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_howto.asp

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines