Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Parallax Scrolling?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I'm working on a project in my Web design Class. I am not super experienced with Dreamweaver yet (more specifically Javascript) but I'm willing to learn and adapt. I want to create this parallax scrolling effect: Campo Santo - Firewatch  and I found a really excellent tutorial that provided the code for me: https://medium.com/@hamstu/recreating-the-firewatch-parallax-effect-213694d42f4e

My issue is, I would like to have this effect on more than just the top of my screen, that is, when you scroll down there is another scene below the first one that has the same parallax effect. But I'm not sure how to go about this. I've tried copy-pasting the code and renaming everything, but I cannot seem to lower the image or it remains static. For now, I would just like help to figure out the code, as I plan on using my own images later on. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

I found this just after I saw this post and thought i'd share, it helped me. How To Create a Cool Parallax Scrolling Effect For Your Websites - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Marc... you're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

The problem with any workflow is that it is a very personal thing, and even though I think Birnou is probably over complicating what he is doing. He is the one who must justify it to clients, and not to us.

@osgood_  Why should we accept a workflow that you aspire to when you will not even listen to our workflow? Just stop being a bigot.

I'm listening to your workflows and constantly pointing out why I think they are at fault. I'm not asking you to change your workflow, I'm asking you to consider being honest about the workflow rather than this attitude of 'denial' that I encounter all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

Bootstrap has also been mentioned, Some thickheads cannot understand that Bootstrap is a library of ready made widgets and style rules. As in any library, you can take out all of the books, which is an overkill, or you can take out those books that you need.

As soon as you get personal (I'll assume you are now infering that I am a thickhead - how did that get through the moderation - some biased going on here I think) you have lost the plot and are in retreat, your views are somewhat discounted, its not smart to have to defend your workflows using personal insults.

All I am saying is using Bootstrap perhaps gives the developer a false sense of security which prevents them from exploring beyond what it includes rather than perhaps expanding their skills by introducing more innovative or better solutions. Humans, by nature, are lazy in general and if you hand something to them as a package, on a plate, they then don't hunt for their own food.

It doesnt actually appear that you have 'removed many books from the library' where bunch of blokes is concerned. Do you really need, and are you really using ALL of that css in your bootstrap linked css file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you said "Do you really need, and are you really using ALL of that css in your bootstrap linked css file?"...

my answer is 100%... not... and for sure no one will use all of the rules present in the CSS file... you're right... and that's why one can use... a simple task called remove unused... that will do the job in a black box... then a nice concat will merge the bootstrap and the personal file... and a small nono to make them smaller as they can be... so one clik handle all... and the libray will make the dev happy... don't you think...???

arf arf...

and by the way... personnaly I don't use Bootstrap at all... but those who do... doesn't bother me... and if they want that I write the package.json (including the bowwer) for them... it will be one of my gterae pleasure...

hmmm... by the way two... that is also one part of my dev job to write scripts for folks that can't... scripts for automating their workflow...

and hmmmm by the way three.... I never... and I say never push anyblody to change their workflow.... everyone is free to do how they want... either if it is to stay stuck in the dark age....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

you said "Do you really need, and are you really using ALL of that css in your bootstrap linked css file?"...

my answer is 100%... not... and for sure no one will use all of the rules present in the CSS file... you're right... and that's why one can use... a simple task called remove unused... that will do the job in a black box... then a nice concat will merge the bootstrap and the personal file... and a small nono to make them smaller as they can be... so one clik handle all... and the libray will make the dev happy... don't you think...???

The preacher is not doing as he preachers, which is the problem I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry ... I admit I do not understand the substance of your answer, could you please specify ... I always liked when nested in the hollow of the semantics a religious dogma is hidden .... (to preach) ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry ... I admit I do not understand the substance of your answer, could you please specify ... I always liked when nested in the hollow of the semantics a religious dogma is hidden .... (to preach) ...

I'm refering to a someone who regularly informs that they use a 'bespoke' version of a specific framework which cuts the excess and bloat, well obviously not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm refering to a someone who regularly informs that they use a 'bespoke' version of a specific framework which cuts the excess and bloat, well obviously not.

sorry I still do not understand the bottom of your comment ...

what is a bespoke?
which framework you are talking about

and what exactly does mean "a specific framework which cuts the excess and bloat, well obviously not."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either if it is to stay stuck in the dark age....

Sounds as though it actually is troubling you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I always told... nothing trouble me... everyone is free to run its way as liked... 

but, I noticed that you react to this sentence ... I did not aim at you particularly ... sorry, if you feel it, it was an extreme that counterpointed the whole of the subject ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I always told... nothing trouble me... everyone is free to run its way as liked... 

but, I noticed that you react to this sentence ... I did not aim at you particularly ... sorry, if you feel it, it was an extreme that counterpointed the whole of the subject ...

I reacted simply because if it doesn't trouble you then why be insulting to those, not particulary me as I take it like water off a ducks back, that don't adhere to your personal choice of workflow?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reacted simply because if it doesn't trouble you then why be insulting to those, not particulary me as I take it like water off a ducks back, that don't adhere to your personal choice of workflow?..

sorry, I didn't thought to be insulteing to anyone... I just say that each one of us is free to do what he or she want... in a range of production going from one to zero, from left to right, from something being contemporary to something coming from the dark age... both sides being a limit opposite in the range... each one to be where he or she wants on that curves... including in between... it's not a judgement, nor a criticism...

you are often on a very strong defensive ... do not be unsecure ... nobody attacks you ... each one exposes his vision ... you do not agree ... it is your choice .. and in my side, I do not impose on you mine ... that was never my intention ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are often on a very strong defensive ... do not be unsecure ... nobody attacks you ... each one exposes his vision ... you do not agree ... it is your choice .. and in my side, I do not impose on you mine ... that was never my intention ...

I often just have to balance the views as I don't think the suggestions here or the workflow offered is always a good or necessary solution or well documented - its obvious that certain posters are not exactly doing as they always say they are when defending their workflow. I have to query that but I rarely get any convincing answers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you take my general term of thickheads to apply to you, then so be it. After all, I have plenty of examples of similar terms thrown at my person.

Good to see that you have had a look at BunchOBlokes. There is more to it than what the public area shows. There are two secured areas, one for registered users and one for admins. The registered users section is divided into personal areas for privacy while the admin section allows for content management and other utilities such as a mass mailing system.

In other words, the public area has required a fraction of my time compared to the other two sections where there is plenty of back-end activity. .

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

If you take my general term of thickheads to apply to you, then so be it. After all, I have plenty of examples of similar terms thrown at my person.

I don't think you are worthy of your place as a ACP. You have a seriously bad attitude issue but the I guess you fit in well with Adobes attitude in abusing their users and participants, 2 of a kind.

BenPleysier  wrote

Good to see that you have had a look at BunchOBlokes. There is more to it than what the public area shows. There are two secured areas, one for registered users and one for admins. The registered users section is divided into personal areas for privacy while the admin section allows for content management and other utilities such as a mass mailing system.

In other words, the public area has required a fraction of my time compared to the other two sections where there is plenty of back-end activity. .

Nice to see you are doing exactly as I expected, avoiding the truth, once again and trying to cover it up by waffling about something else. Were you a politician in an earlier life by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

The problem with any workflow is that it is a very personal thing, and even though I think Birnou is probably over complicating what he is doing. He is the one who must justify it to clients, and not to us.

There is no way that customers want to know about workflows or technology, they are only interested in a good looking and functional website that shows as number one in a Google search. Then, when you tell them about security, they will add that as their third preference.

Workflows are personal. I like the way that I work, Birnou likes the way he works. Incidentally, I have been looking at Birnou's workflow which is followed by many web-developers that are much smarter than I. The problem is that I do not have enough time to set it up, time I would have had if I had adopted the workflow.

You are misunderstanding my comment, probably because we work on different types and sizes of sites.

I work on very large browser based applications, (selling or promoting nothing) with large groups of co-workers. This means that any workflow must include managing and co-ordinating different specialities not just design and development. So any workflow must be one that takes into account multiple requirerments, and is understood by everyone from senior managment to the 'newbie' (the one who makes the coffee, we have all been there ).

if you are working alone, or constantly with the same one or two people then the workflow becomes something you must only justify to yourself.

when working with large groups, you cannot just do something when you want to, as everything becomes a part of the overall workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula Said

I work on very large browser based applications, (selling or promoting nothing) with large groups of co-workers. This means that any workflow must include managing and co-ordinating different specialities not just design and development. So any workflow must be one that takes into account multiple requirerments, and is understood by everyone from senior managment to the 'newbie' (the one who makes the coffee, we have all been there ).

I am also involved in very large projects (web applications, which also have nothing to promote or sell ...

the teams are very often broken up through different companies both in France and in Europe ...

at the beginning of each project we define all together the workflow, the technologies and the tools a... then from that...  a technical specification is adopted and setted (often on a wiki) ... everyone has to refer to it ...

Of course, pure designers, expert user, content manager, (you kno what I mean) do not know Node, Sass, Bower, Aria, RDF or even Json-LD ... as for GIT, they know how to push .. but few are the ones who pitch projects ... anyway, there is always someone available to do it for them ... and yet and that's the case ... in 95% of cases, these are the technologies that are selected ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also involved in very large projects (web applications, which also have nothing to promote or sell ...

the teams are very often broken up through different companies both in France and in Europe ...

at the beginning of each project we define all together the workflow, the technologies and the tools a... then from that...  a technical specification is adopted and setted (often on a wiki) ... everyone has to refer to it ...

Of course, pure designers, expert user, content manager, (you kno what I mean) do not know Node, Sass, Bower, Aria, RDF or even Json-LD ... as for GIT, they know how to push .. but few are the ones who pitch projects ... anyway, there is always someone available to do it for them ... and yet and that's the case ... in 95% of cases, these are the technologies that are selected ...

Maybe we should have our own forum Birnou, as it is often confusing to others when we start to talk about projects, workflows, team management and other anomalies that are seldom encountered by those not working in such large team and multiple speciality environments.

Trying to explain even what css can be used, because the projects defines the minimum browser/device versions, can also be something that many cannot 'come on board' with in a general forum such as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula, as usual... I understand what you say, ...

from my point of view ... a forum is a plubic place where all kinds of people can come to discuss a topic related to the topics mainly addressed by this type of forum (cooking, DIY, web development ...) some can be more specific (cooking with butter ... or more specific as only using poitevin butter ..., DIY with tools havin a Makita trademark.... or as it is our case web development with DW ...)

ok ... but free to everyone then to extend towards a surface more margin in order to take into account the constraints relating to the environment ... and not to remain centered solely on the peculiarity of the forum .... by being only focused we often forget the universe ... the whole ... the original why ... or why there is a why...

moreover here we are on a forum ... not only knew a support online ... is not it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, guys, now it is the time for me to go to work on my green roof ... the sun is shining .. the spring is really starting to speak, and the seedlings are ready ...

I will go from the keyboard to other values that I particularly like, the earth, the plant, the hydrolic ... and permaculture ... we see each other later ... I imagine that there will still have activity on this thread ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula when you say... "... I think Birnou is probably over complicating what he is doing.  ...."

• is that ... fully separate the HTML structure from the CSS formatting and Javascript interaction is something complicated ???
    I'm not talking about Aria ... but hey you understand that this is an integral part of the structure description ...
  • is the use of Sass to overcome the lack of flexibility in writing CSS is complicated ???? moreover why deprive yourself of all the wonderful tools that ruby brings us for this purpose ... (susy, breakpoint, scut, typesettings ...)
  • is the use of Json-LD to introduce metadata, without unnecessarily overloading the HTML structure, is complicated ????
  • What is complicated about the use of automation tools that will help us minimize our tasks and controls? thank you Node

honestly ... I do not see what is complicated or makes my workflow complicated .... ??? I just use the tools we all have ... and free ... please.

and when you say "... He is the one who must justify it to clients, and not to us..."

generally what my customers want is to have a result that suits them, that is always in response to their need, that my responsiveness is constant and that the price paid is the cheapest possible ... how I realize all this, does not matter to them ... once again the result and the price interest them not the technology, nor the tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W_J_T  wrote

Your post commenced a rather lively discussion.

<shaking head>  I don't know why. </shaking head>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think... that few lines

so open https://www.sassmeister.com/ and in the left part of the window paste the below code

@for $i from 0 through 8 {

#keyart-#{$i} {

background-image: url('../images/parallax/parallax#{$i}.png');

}

}

give the fire on the brain... arf arf....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this just after I saw this post and thought i'd share, it helped me. How To Create a Cool Parallax Scrolling Effect For Your Websites - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines