• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I know that my server supports PHP?

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Very many thanks to all who have helped me so far it is very much appreciated.  I am trying to put together my own web page using Dreamweaver and have been following a number of tutorials.

I am now stuck on my contact page and in particular the php area (i think)....

I have followed a tutorial by Nancy_O from this community but I think / know I have done something wrong.  Would someone be able to look at my site and identify where I have made a boo boo please?

www.jmacphot.com

Again many thanks for taking the time to look at this for me, if I could I would get you a beer!

All the best

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

The way I would check on PHP availability would be to make a file, name it info.php and put in it:

<?php
phpinfo();

?>

This will not just tell you that PHP is installed, but also provides a lot of other useful information. For instance, if PHP version 7 is installed, then you need to write code for that version. Some code written for PHP5 would break on PHP7.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a fast broadband connection.  The rest of world is not always so lucky.  And mobile data plans can be very slow & restrictive about bandwidth. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just adding to what Nancy said:

There are many factors involved in determining how quickly your website resolves at any given place, on any given device. It costs a lot of money to reliably deliver good speed everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines