• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to connect to database

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys im new with the latest version and i need help. My question is how to connect to a database automatically for example like CS6 is the a tab for databases?

Thank you very much

TOPICS
How to , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since many versions now, Adobe has removed Server Behaviors from DW, so you wont have anymore access to UI Drag & Drop Database connexion, except if you run extensions from Drop Zone, Web Assist....

Well, beside giving the URL I wont be by any help, I never used them 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer could you tell me which extemsions are ideal for this what i am seeking? and is it compatible with 21.3 version?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer could you tell me which extemsions are ideal for this what i am seeking? and is it compatible with 21.3 version?

Thank you very much

By @abebel47900914

Lena supplied the links to the 3rd party extensions just click on 'Drop Zone' (DMX ZONE) and 'Web Assist'. IF you do decide to purchase  I would check with the company that the extensions are compatible with your version of DW.

The other option is to search youtube for some tutorials on php/mysqli database connectivity and querying. It's quite easy to write your own connection and querying once you have explored a few videos. Infact its what I would recommend if you have the time and are genuinely interested in advancing your skillset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Do you know if web assist is compatible with 21.3 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Do you know if web assist is compatible with 21.3 version?

By @abebel47900914

The website says the extension is compatible with Dreamweaver CS6 or newer. However l would check with the company first before purchasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I am waiting your answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I told you, I never used one of them, we do everything in code here at the studio.

If you don't code and would like to use extensions for this purpose, I'd say that before choosing one or the other (which are identically renowned by other users) it's important that you define your needs, expectations and medium-term evolutions as regards the relationship with your database.

It's also important to consider the very structure and organization of the data within the database, as this will determine your expectations in terms of the interface for managing your SQL queries.

Then are you just expecting to read the data in the database, or are you also going to manage this data (Create, Update, Delete...) because if you create new records, then do you also need to manage file transfers when inserting data into the database... do you need to manipulate binary files once transferred... etc....

from all those questions, will depend on your specifications to define the most appropriate extension provider in relation to the other extensions present in the catalog, which will transversally complete your toolbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used both of the extensions that @L e n a has mentioned. The one closest to the old Dreamweaver panels is the Webassist extension.

But beware, if you purchase the extension for Dreamweaver, you cannot use it in any other editor/IDE. So, when Dreamweaver gets pulled (most likely very soon), so will the usefulness of the extension.

I now use the DMXZone extensions on an IDE called Wappler.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your answers. I am thinking to purchase the web assist but what is wappler? Is there a specific link to this editor? By the way what IDE does means?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way what IDE does means?

By @abebel47900914

Integrated Development Environment. Which means its more sophisticated than just a normal html editor. It has built in options to assist you with your coding, providing suggestions and some now have AI as an option -Artificial Intelligence.  They can have extensions available  which make it easier to produce dynamically driven solutions or include components like slideshows, liaise with external APIs - Application Program Interface etc etc

Wappler is a fairly new application, 5 years old, which offers a myriad of options for non coders. It may be suitable depending on your requirements. If you are building something as an amateur, have no skill or knowledge about coding, are not intending to commit to web development or app building full time then it could prove useful. If on the other hand web development or app  building is your intended career choice then it would be advisable to learn to code. Ben has left a link in his reply......click on the word Wappler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deep dive into server-side coding with PHP & MySQLi (improved):

-- https://www.php.net/manual/book.mysqli.php

-- https://www.w3schools.com/sql/

Without the heavy lifting:

-- Wappler ~ Visual Web App Builder - https://wappler.io/

Non-coders: 

============
ONLINE SITE BUILDERS:
-- Squarespace - https://www.squarespace.com/
-- Webflow - https://webflow.com
-- Wix - https://www.wix.com/
-- WordPress (open source) - https://wordpress.org/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still dont know which file i need to download and install if i want to work with Wappler. Thank you for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Teodor from Wappler here. Someone at our community mentioned you need help downloading Wappler. You just need to log into your account at: https://account5.wappler.io and go to the download section. Just download the version suitable for your OS.

Also, you can get help with Wappler in our community: https://community.wappler.io/Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 10.45.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but i cant login there is an error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then please contact us in our community and post the exact error message you are seeing: https://community.wappler.io/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

404 Not Found

The requested resource could not be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry this, here, is not the Wappler community, it's Adobe Dreamweaver's forum. Please post any issues you are having in the Wappler community forum - posted the link twice already. Or just send us an email with screenshots and more details to support [at] wappler [dot] io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a dimension that must not be overlooked, and that needs to be taken into account. If at the outset you are looking for the server behavior palettes inherent in older versions of DW, this may possibly imply that you already have a site base, and that this one is likely to have been based on server behaviors...

If this is the case, if you use new extensions (DMX Zone as well as Webassist) or if you start working with Wappler again, or even if you develop your own code using MySqli (I personally prefer PDO, but that's another subject), you're bound to encounter artifacts between the old code and the new one... in my opinion, it would be wiser to go back to the old code and update it, whether from the new extensions, the new environment, or the new approach based on hand-coding.

If you now start a brand new project, everything remains green and open... it's up to you to move towards the environment that will suit you best, taking into account the comments made by everyone here on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines