• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import Muse into Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import my muse website into Dreamweaver because i want do design my website in muse and then use PHP and MySQL to make blogs and membership systems etc. When I open dreamweaver and right-click  on the Muse website and press "Open With - Dreamweaver", it starts opening it (it only opens the Muse website and just shows a blank HTML)... then Dreamweaver stops responding and i have to close it. If there is any way of making a membership system and blog in Muse (which only certain people can edit [not using Muse]) then please reply an answer... or if possible can people please respond on how to open a muse website in dreamweaver.

Thanks in Advance

Richard

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

MU is a code generator while DW is an HTML editor.

I don't think you can import MU files directly into DW.  I think the best you can do is open the HTML pages in DW the same way you would with any site.

The first step in DW, is to define your local & remote site folders by going to Site | Manage Sites > New Site...  Tell DW where on your hard drive to find your local site files.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_website_pt1.htm

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key differences are MU is a code generator and DW is a code editor.

MU native project files are not .html until you export 'em. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah… I work with both designers and programmers but the Adobe CC trends are handicapping our collaboration to a point where we are looking for alternatives to Adobe solutions.

Randy Riesterer

[Moderator removed personal info from signature.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon your design is ready save it as HTML, later you can open the index or any of the pages created in muse on dreamweaver and you will see all the code that was use to create that website And edit it as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But page rendering in MU is not the same in DW's Design View.  It's apt to be all skewed.  Working with MU generated code in any HTML editor is no great shakes to look at either. 

IMO, it's best to take the design comps made in MU or PS as a blueprint for rebuilding the site from scratch in DW. In the end, you're getting a much better product with logical code, good semantic markup and better traction for SEO.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just designed my small business site, totally in adobe muse, i have just exported to html and opened it up in dreamweaver... oshea was right, totally bloated code... but that's okay, with the advent of faster computers and faster internet, bloated isn't that bad as the sub-5K or dial-up days.

i'm intent on converting my website in a one-off wordpress website. it will be difficult, but that is the price of customer service. it is an experiment.

the thing about adobe muse is the design. as long as the design does not change, the code will not change. as soon as the client wants something changed, the coder will have to know their stuff. if they don't then they are not coders.

the reason why i'm using adobe muse is i was once bleeding edge coder and scripter, writing my own scripts to use the DOM. i stopped in 2005 after creating an awesome changing background, hiding foreground, changing text-size, changing text colours through user-interaction and timed-base. but i've been out of the game since. haven't coded anything or scripted anything since then. i have no idea was sass or json, or whatever. i played with jquery in college for a few hours in 2009, but i found print projects much more my speed.

my apologies, i ran off on a tangent. the point is, any coder should be able to take any design in muse to retrofit for any cms. a script master will be able to organize the adobe muse export and wield its script they way they see fit. if they can't it is about laziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of a service to have a Muse website converted / rebuilt to Dreamweaver?

My current Muse site has 240 pages. I would love to transition to Dreamweaver, I just want the look / layout to be exact and then all the content ported over in an optimized way. This would be highly useful.

Thanks,

Alldaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't work with code, having a "Dreamweaver site" will be no help to you.   The days of 240+ static web page sites are over.  Nobody builds  sites like that anymore because they're a pain in the neck to maintain.

You need an experienced developer who can take your Muse concepts and translate them into a new site built dynamically with server-side code & databases PLUS an easy content management system you can use to maintain it.   For example, WordPress is a CMS but it's not the only one.  Business Catalyst also has a CMS module.  

What's your budget?

What kind of web hosting do you have currently?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to do this to add Google Analytics to each page. (Code after each <head> tag).
If I do that will I be able to contiunue editing the site in Muse?

Or can I insert the google analytics straight into Muse? (i.e. is there a Code Edit view in Muse?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to do this to add Google Analytics to each page. (Code after each <head> tag).
If I do that will I be able to contiunue editing the site in Muse?

By @ishbelt69765476

No. Muse code gets compiled into HTML and there is no function to change HTML into Muse code.

Or can I insert the google analytics straight into Muse? (i.e. is there a Code Edit view in Muse?)

By @ishbelt69765476

You will need to ask in the Muse forum.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ishbelt69765476 

Muse is End of Life & unsupported.  It has received no updates in 5 years. Best advice, get off Muse permanently.  Rebuild your sites with other solutions. Your Muse sites can't be sustained long term.  As @BenPleysier said, once Muse is exported to HTML, you can never use Muse again.  It's a one-way trip out of Muse.

To add Google Analytics to Muse,  open the page you want to edit in Design mode. Choose Page > Page Properties and paste the code in the Metadata section of the Page Properties window. Save and upload site to your server.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines