• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO REMOVE ORANGE CODE HIGHLIGHTING

Participant ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop this moronic orange highlighting from appearing.

Thank you for deleting my previous question. Apparently you do not mind being idiots but you do not like people making the observation...

How do I stop this moronic orange highlighting from appearing when I click a <P or <TD etc?

I have tried the "main.less"
I have tried the "brackets.json"

And I have spent several hours trying everything else.

PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU KNOW.

DO NOT ASK me stupid questions like "Have I tried VIEW > CODE > SYNTAX COLORING" because you obviously do not know.

Thank you

adobe.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

I think that I fixed the problem,

Thank you to all who have helped.

The solution:

Go Here >>

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\www\main.js

CHANGE THIS

{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtag"}))}var s="close"==o.at?o.open:o.close;s?n.state.tagOther=n.markText(s.from,s.to,{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtag"}

to this (just put any letter on the end of the CodeMirror-matchingtag)

{className:"CodeMirror-matchingtaga"}))}var s="close"==o.at?o.open:o.close;s?n.state.tagOther=n.markText(s.from,s.to,{

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I wish there had been an easier way to do this in preferences. It feels sketchy going in and modifying the Adobe .js files. I'd just rather not touch them. But those orange things were giving me an 'eadache! (said in Cockney accent).  😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY VERY VERY APPRECIATED! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this thread, and in case anyone from Adobe is reading it, here's MY reason for wanting to be able to easily remove that orange code highlighting: it makes the blinking cursor invisible! In previous versions, you could still see exactly where the cursor was within the highlighted code, but since this change to orange, when I click within a code area, I can't see where the blinking cursor is.

I just discovered, though, that if I go to Options > Interface > Code Theme  and choose Raven Dark, it makes the blinking cursor white and VISIBLE within the blue highlighted code. I'm not crazy about the dark background, but I'll take it any day over guessing where my cursor is! HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note, it is now also possible to change the background colour of the matching tag code to a more pleasant colour by creating a new theme (i.e. just copy the classic theme) and then editing it. The editing method is particular awful - it opens the LESS file, in which you then have to locate the appropriate style within - but it is possible.

There seem to be several bugs that arise when one does it this way. i.e. the line-numbering in the gutter disappearing in some files, but as I say, it is now (almost) possible to set the matching tags colour up in a meaningful way. One should be aware that sadly the bug-cascade that is Dreamweaver customisation then begins, but I just wanted to ensure that anybody who finds this thread are aware that they have other options, even if not complete solutions, too. Though like me, you will probably also just opt to completely remove the code-matching implementation as it offers minimal return for a large increase in possible issues arising from its use (i.e. disappearing cursor, it looking like selected code, in some circumstances it washing out all text in the tag so it just becomes a solid block of colour)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I use Classic theme that brings a good contrast and is quite near to CC2015 code coloration, and i obviously customized matching brackets highlightning with a less stupid background color than dark blue that makes the blinking text insertion cursor invisible… seriously, which genius imagined this can help anyone?

So it's better now, except i'd like to preserve the highlighted text code coloration and can't find a way.

I tried color: inherit !important, unfortunately it gives black text, code coloration is lost.

Do you please think there's a way to achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution somewhere else on this forum Solution: White on Mint Green Code Color.​​ thanks to the author!

It's quite simple by overriding the matching brackets text color.
Copy/paste the code coloration CSS code block then add !important.

.cm-atom, .cm-string, .cm-string-2, .cm-hr {color: #0008FF !important;}

.cm-number, .cm-attribute, .cm-plus, .cm-qualifier {color: #1EA1F5 !important;}

.cm-def, .cm-property {color: #7347B9 !important;}

.cm-variable, .cm-variable-2, .cm-variable-3, .cm-operator, .cm-meta {color: @foreground;}

.cm-bracket { color: #5B5B5B !important; }

.cm-comment {color: #969696 !important; font-style: normal; }

.cm-error, .cm-minus {color: #E96D3B !important;}

.cm-header {color: #87908e !important;}

.cm-link {color: #17939D !important; text-decoration: none;}

.cm-rangeinfo {color: #17939D !important;}

.cm-bracket, .cm-keyword, .cm-builtin, .cm-tag, .cm-quote {color: #0877BD !important;}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try this, for Dreamweaver 2018. Edit C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018\www\main.js.

Find the first instance of matchingtag and then before it, find 'var s="open"==o'. Put an x after open, to crash it, so: 'var s="openx"==o', this will highlight both tags when the closing tag is selected but remove highlight of opening tag when opening tag is selected so code colours can be seen.

reboot Dreamweaver

Never mind the highlight colour, chose one you like.

Don't forget to backup main.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one, thanks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works in Dreamweaver CC 2019 too, you are my hero!  It has been driving me crazy for sooooo long... who thought this was a good idea? I can't read anything and it disrupts my visual flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an easier way to do this -- to remove the offending highlight color within the brackets.  The problem -- bright blue in my case, orange in others -- irritated the hell out of me, but I'm determined.  This solution is for Windows.

1.  In the main.less file, create the coding color scheme you like EXCEPT FOR the .CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag data.  Just ignore that data.  I used the solarized light theme and changed the colors other than the bracket color, which just would not respond.

2.  Copy your entire color coding scheme -- the one you like -- to a WordPad doc or some other text file.

3.  Then, in Edit Preferences, select the Light theme, and then create a Custom Theme under any ole name.  Apply it.

4.  Open your custom main.less.  You'll notice that the pertinent bracket code at the very bottom of the file contains the following information:

.CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag {

/* Ensure visibility against gray inline editor background */

background-color: #ffffff;

color: #00B259 !important;

}

Change the color #00B259 to something agreeable to your eyes.  That should allow you to customize the color within brackets.  Hopefully.  It worked for me -- after reading all the possible solutions in these forums and finding no solace.  Knowing how this stuff works, that doesn't necessarily mean it shall work for you.  I hope is does.  This solution just made good sense.

Ebenezer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines