• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

html signature

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an HTML e mail signature using dreamweaver on a mac. when viewed in Safari, Outlook, Firefox the signature views correctly. i sent the code to It guys to set up in office 365. when sent back to me it is ok in outlook on my mac but does not view correctly on any og the PC,s running office 365 using windows 7 and 10 . 

Can any one help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is in the code, code that we are presently not privvy to.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Ben.

I could send you the code but it looks like it is not the problem judging from the other replies.

Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook on the Mac uses a different rendering engine then Outlook does on Windows, they are by no means the same program, not to mention the Office teams at Microsoft have always been historically separate and do not always develop the same feature sets across platforms.  So basically if you are using anything more than tables, the display will most likely break in Outlook.  There are also platforms that can help you dynamically implement HTML signatures across your organization like Terminus (formerly Sigstr), Opensense, Templafy, etc. just to name a few.  That might be something you want to consider as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben, 

I will give those a try.

Cheers

Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a Dreamweaver question.  Therefore, there is no answer to this in DW.

I think @Ben M gave you good advice.  Use an online signature generator that specifically targets your preferred email platform. 

I have used this one with success on the major online platforms.  It works with HubSpot, Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, Yahoo Mail, and more.

This one offers a choice of email platforms including Outlook 365.

That said, I don't think it's possible to create 1 HTML email signature that works equally in all platforms -- unless you use an image but that has its own set of problems.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Nancy,

I will try your suggestions, I thoght by creating an HTML signature it would be good proctice but it seems a lot more difficult than I thought.

many thanks to everyone who has replied. 

Joe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E-mail is an entirely different beast from web page design.  😞

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like being back in the stone ages sometimes.

Including animated images because the client wants it, telling them it will only be seen by a select few and having half their staff not have it and them to moan because they have one of the old outlooks installed in their office enviroment - very eye rolling moments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines