• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't replace text with find and replace! Mac

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so #()$*  porked from CS 6.    I just want to do a global find and replace of specific text in my documents to change a client's address.   I have tried basic and advanced and CS2021 doesn't find the text  although I have pasted it directly from a page.  This is the worst part of the "upgrade" and makes DW almost unusable for sitewide edits.     How in the heck to do you replace plain text? 

The dialog box asks for any tag and then if you use text it asks for source code, which is fine, but when I click replace it doesn't.  I am using replace contents, cause this has nothing to do with tags or attributes.

I see people have been complaining about this for 2 years and the programmers can't seem to be bothered to fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you're overcomplicating this.  F&R works just fine for me in a valid document that contains no code errors as denoted by a green checkmark in a circle. And F&R works equally well from either Design or Live View.

1. IMPORTANT!  If you haven't done so already, define your local site folder from Site > Manage Sites.

2. Hit Ctrl + Shift + F to open F&R panel.

3. Enter search text in top box

4. Search: Current Document or Entire Current Local Site.

5. Enter replacement text in bottom box.

5. Hit Find ALL or Replace ALL button. See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines