• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have CS5 and I don't know how to implement the SSL certificate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I created my business website using Dreamweaver CS5. I've purchased an SSL certificate and my website host now tells me I have work to do my end in order to finish the implementation. I have absolutely no idea how to do this and I'm not finding anything when I try to search for an answer online. My web address is http://www.heritageceilings.com.au .

Could some dear soul please help me?  I'm not very smart with technical things so simple terminology will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Your server now requires SSL/TLS to function, this is assuming that the login details and the FTP Address is the same as before.

Try the following settings

junk.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, plan of action is to save a copy of the website and keep it elsewhere on my computer in case it is needed. Then make a decision on whether to make everything an absolute path or a relative path.  Proceed to change everything over making sure not to make changes to  links to other folks websites by accident. I think I'll use Find and Replace on each page after I've checked for any links to outside websites.

I just went to make a minor change on my website and found I can't upload anything at all. I've got to get this issue sorted out first before I make any changes.

Can

I'm guessing something needs updating on the host's end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your server now requires SSL/TLS to function, this is assuming that the login details and the FTP Address is the same as before.

Try the following settings

junk.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben.  Under the heading "Connect Using" my choices might be worded a bit differently to yours.  I have one that is SFTP.  Do you think that sounds like it? Otherwise the other options are FTP (current setting), Local/Network, WebDAV or RDS.

The part below "Root Directory" I'll have to check with my host because I don't have any Authentication options.

Under "More Options" I already have Use Passive FTP checked so nothing to change there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly sure that it needs to be as I described. I had a look at Dreamweaver CS6 (I don't have CS5) and the same options are in there, i.e. FTP over SSL/TLS.

If you are sure that you do not have the option, you can use Filezilla to do the file transfers.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ok if l came across a little jumpy l aplogise for that......lm going through a period of re-aligment shall we say so lm less tolerant than usual, which is not very tolerate anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just rang my host to find out why I don't seem to have an option to connect as suggested. Guy I spoke to cannot understand why I'm on a Windows server when it would be better to be on a Linux server. He is going to swap over my other (non business) site first and if that works successfully then he will swap over the Heritage Ceilings website. He is talking about him inserting some script his end that will save me having to update my whole site. Hopefully this is a good idea because I don't have enough knowledge to know otherwise.  Even if he inserts some script his end I think I will still plod through my site and make the changes my end as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally my website is secure.  I had a few issues with my host but they all got resolved. I've been through the whole website and found and replaced everything (or at least I think I've found everything).

I want to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me so much. Particular thanks go to BenPleysier and osgood_.

Thanks a million guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeanmorrison  wrote

Finally my website is secure.  I had a few issues with my host but they all got resolved. I've been through the whole website and found and replaced everything (or at least I think I've found everything).

I want to thank everyone on this forum who has helped me so much. Particular thanks go to BenPleysier and osgood_.

Thanks a million guys.

Great news, glad you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines