• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Editing

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im finding that DW is inconsistent when it comes to aplying font styles. I have a font style styleastorisk which uses Arial font with a left alignment and h2 with a center alignment. This is a line of code with eight asterisks in the body of my document with sytleasterisk aplied:

<p class="stylesasterisk">********</p>

If I select the eight asterisks and apply style h2 to it, DW keaves the code for styleasterisk and adds the code for h2:

<p class="stylesasterisk"><span class="h2">********</span></p>

As a result, the eight asterisks take on the font and color of h2 but do not align to the center - they stay aligned left.

In another instance in the same document, DW replaces the code for styleasterisk with the code for h2 and as a result the asterisks align to the center like this:

<span class="h2">********</span></p>

The asterisks also align to the center if I edit the code and remove this:

<p class="stylesasterisk">

I don't know why there are these inconsistencies OR why the style h2 doesn't align center. Its as if it's taking its alignment from styleasterisk.

I should add, that styleasterisk is in my stylesheet and h2 is the the head of the docunent. I don't know if this has anything to do with the anomaly

Alan

TOPICS
Code

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

I said this would lead to confusion IF you choose to use h1, h2 etc as css class names. h1 - h6 are reserved for the default  'heading' tags.

YES you CAN re-declare h1- h6 as classes if you want confusion to reign.

The problem that no-one has spotted is as they are class names you have to include the .  (period) infront of the selector, like below:

.h1 {
font-family: "quicksand", sans-serif;
font-size: 18px;
color: #983200;
text-align: center;
font-weight: 400;
letter-spacing: 5px;
font-style: normal;

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what your template is and how it differs from your stylesheet but obviously it was lacking the periods infront of the classes, which was the issue, resulting in the style attributes not being applied.

Any way its working now so onwards and upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines