• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with using Extensions and Add-Ons in DW

Mentor ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you rely on extensions or add-ons, DO NOT allow the Dreamweaver 19 update to occur.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Hello,

If you have run into an issue that the extensions installed from older versions of Dreamweaver do not show up after uninstall and re-install of Dreamweaver CC 2019, here are a set of steps that will help make the acquired extensions available in Dreamweaver 2019.

Note:

1. This will work only for the extensions that support Dreamweaver CC 2019 and were installed via the Adobe Exchange platform or using the ExManCMD tool.
  2. If you are using a Third party extension installer that does not use ExManC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think there are solutions. So, if there are no resolutions we can come to in this forum I would urge you to message me so that we can arrange a phone conference. These issues really need to be solved... unless Dreamweaver is nearing EOL. But we need to be honest... with each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

... unless Dreamweaver is nearing EOL. But we need to be honest... with each other.

If that is a possibility we all need to know, not just a privileged few.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by "each other" I meant Adobe and its customers. I agree with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem as stated here in this thread: installing CC 2019 reset everything back to default In CC 18.2, lost extensions, prefs reset etc in CC 18.2

I was able to reinstall my extensions in CC 2019 with DMXZone's extension manager without any issues.

Another issue is I still have to have my settings in Creative Cloud app set to English (North America) despite the fact I'm the UK. if I set to English (International) it causes other issues with extensions installed via the Adobe Add-ons website, this particular issue is a few years old now and has never been addressed/fixed to my knowledge.

Adobe are too big, $7-$8 billion turnover and totally disconnected from its customers, should never have been allowed to buy Macromedia its all been downhill for us since then, can't rely on Adobe, can't trust them to build our workflow and critical work around their software & then if you switch to alternative software Adobe may end up buying them out and EOLing or ruining the software anyway.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue is I still have to have my settings in Creative Cloud app set to English (North America) despite the fact I'm the UK. if I set to English (International) it causes other issues with extensions installed via the Adobe Add-ons website, this particular issue is a few years old now and has never been addressed/fixed to my knowledge.

That issue has been repeatedly brought to Adobe's attention... by me, for one... for a few years now. I think there is a disconnect between the Exchange and the Dreamweaver team. I also firmly believe that Adobe either doesn't know, or perhaps does not want to know, that the Exchange, with respect to Dreamweaver, is dead as my grandmother's front door knob. Your best bet, as you probably know, is to acquire your extensions directly from the developer... if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I think that Adobe has moved the entire Dreamweaver department in India just to not hear about it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what? Let's try a metaphorical approach.

The Exchange is the cart and Extension Developers are the horses. The cart right now has broken wheels.

Fix the problems, throw in a few creative solutions that are designed to make your customers happy, and I can almost guarantee that we will help pull the cart for you. But you cannot possibly think, given the lack of volume and bugs on the Exchange (at least as far as Dreamweaver is concerned) for people like us to invest the time and effort to hitch our products to your post. There is absolutely no potential for ROI.

Please, Jonathan. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Fix the problems, throw in a few creative solutions that are designed to make your customers happy, and I can almost guarantee that we will help pull the cart for you.

Quite honestly AL, I don't think Adobe is interested in Dw, or that the Dw team can do anything about Adobes way of thinking anymore.

They have spent so much time, (not money) trying to ignore a web that they know they cannot control, failed in trying to make individual programs that get rid of web developers, and shown contempt for anything that came after 2008, that they cannot change now.

The necessity to create the Edge apps and the very public statement the CEO made to 'apologise' about ignoring html5/css3, has I think turned Adobe against serious web development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet given up hope. I've talked with Jonathan, who manages the Exchange, and he is a reasonable fellow. If I can somehow broker a discussion among the Exchange team, the Dreamweaver team, and me, perhaps we can hammer out a solution. The bottom line is that I want this to work. We have too much invested in Dreamweaver and I have no problem with the Exchange, if it works. Right now, it doesn't. The problems with installing DW extensions through either our Extension Manager, Anasasi's, or the Exchange are the same, because try as they may to hide it, Adobe is in fact using the code behind its dearly departed extension manager to … um … install extensions. They just removed the front end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly wish you the best of luck in what you are trying to do AL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an uphill battle... especially when you're trying to reach an accord with folks who seem to cut and run when put on the spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, Nayan's post is most definitely NOT the correct answer... not even close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that its not the answer. I thought your initial follow up showed it was not, even at the time it was presented. But with over 1500 views of this thread I guess Adobe wanted to slow the conversation and proven disconnect of them as seen in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unmarked his reply as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kind sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you have run into an issue that the extensions installed from older versions of Dreamweaver do not show up after uninstall and re-install of Dreamweaver CC 2019, here are a set of steps that will help make the acquired extensions available in Dreamweaver 2019.

Note:

1. This will work only for the extensions that support Dreamweaver CC 2019 and were installed via the Adobe Exchange platform or using the ExManCMD tool.
  2. If you are using a Third party extension installer that does not use ExManCmd, this fix will not apply.

Steps:

1. Download the appropriate zip package using these links:

For macOS 

For Windows

1. Quit all Adobe applications.
  2. Unzip the package and run the file
    1. For macOS: InstallExtensions.command
    2. For Windows: InstallExtensions.bat
  3. If prompted by macOS or Windows, provide your password to proceed.
  4. Wait for the process to be complete.
  5. Launch Dreamweaver CC 2019 and check if the extensions are visible.

Report any errors that you run into. And we’d appreciate hearing back from you that this solution worked.

P.S. : This script internally only disables and enables the acquired extensions so that they show up in Dreamweaver CC 2019. After performing the above steps, if the extensions are not visible in Dreamweaver CC 2019, navigate to this page, click Uninstall, wait for 20-30 seconds for the extension to be removed, and then click Install.

Thanks,

The Adobe Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With due respect, this is a retro step. Why should I have to go through that process just to get the an extension into Dreamweaver. This used to be the flagship web editing program because of its extensibilty. Why can't we have our trusted Extension Manager back again, or better still, incorporated within Dreamweaver so that, with a click, we can install an extension.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll try it out. It's not ideal, but until you get something better going, it's at least something. Thanks... but don't stop working on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines