• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jQuery

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, im am currently in a web authoring class and i am havinng some trouble with the jquery scripts working when i upload to the server.  i have attached some screen shots of my POV if it helps explaing the issue.  the first picture is what it looks like when i test the browser and everything works.  the seconnd  is the jquery code.  and the third is what it looks like when i test it on my class server.  Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.18.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.19.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.20.34 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you actually post the url to the page on your class server. I can see part of it on the 3rd image, top right corner, but not all of it. It looks like the links to your css file and maybe the jQuery files could be incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it is only allowed to be viewed by people in the class.  i would regardless but a student id must be used to access it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not possible to debug the issue unless we can access the code. Probably the links to your css/jQuery files are incorrect. If your link to the css file was correct then you would see some styling in your page when you upload to your server. Currently looking at the image taken from your server there is no presentation styling.

Without access to your code I can only suggest you could try adding - /cssmain.css - to the end of your pages url and see what is returned in the browser.

Also try adding the below css files one at a time to the end of your url and see what response you get from the browser;

/../jQueryAssets/jquery.ui.core.min.css

/../jQueryAssets/jquery.ui.theme.min.css

/../jQueryAssets/jquery.ui.dialog.min.css

/../jQueryAssets/jquery.ui.resizable.min.css

/../jQueryAssets/jquery.ui.accordion.min.css

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you upload .html pages from DW, they don't automatically bring along dependent files, like .jpg or .js files. Those other files also need to be uploaded to the exact same location on the remote server, as they are within the local site. If you haven't uploaded the jQueryAssets folder, and its contents, to a location that is one directory above the page you supplied the sscreenshot for, it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines