• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Checker troubleshoot

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Dreamweaver CS5 and the link checker is not functioning the way I expect it to (or the way it used to). It seems to be flagging every link as broken unless it is in the same folder as the file I'm checking. For example, if I'm checking file www.example.com/folderA/FolderB/file1.asp and in this file there are links specified like this:

1. <a href="/folderA/FolderC/file2.asp">file2</a>

2. <a href="../FolderC/file2.asp">file2</a>

3. <a href="/FolderA/FolderB/file3.asp">file3</a>

4. <a href="file3.asp">file3</a> 

The link checker will find only the last one as "OK" but the all the others as broken.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening and what I need to do to fix it? I'm assuming it's some kind of preference I've set somewhere to not check outside of the existing folder?

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Site settings (Site > Manage Site) are you using Document relative or Site Root relative links?

CS5 is 12 years out of date.  My screenshot is from DW CC 2021 so it looks different from yours but should give you a general idea of where to look.

image.png

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

apart from the fact that DW doesn't work as you expected anymore, I notice some points that you should follow with attention...
you use FolderA as well as folderA... be careful, most servers are case sensitive... so FolderA and folderA are two distinct folders, but Windows will treat them as a single folder and will not be able to distinguish them

in the same way, are you sure that in your aborescence FolderC (using F uppercase) is really located as a sibling of FolderB and all within folderA (using f lowercase)

you give examples of search requests, but without explaining your tree structure... so nothing tells us if file2.asp is really in FolderC or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines