• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LinkedIn API

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's not a Dreamweaver Post... 🙂 have any one ever worked with the LinkedIn API ?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/shared/api-guide/concepts

apparently it doesn't seem possible to extract POSTs. But my English being quite limited, I may have misread it. Have any of you already extracted the LinkedIn posts ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/325212/RWMFtU4c#ca2ccf41-ec09-49dc-9d2e-ccbcb9d51655

As a sidenote, the IDE that I use makes the process super easy. https://docsdev.wappler.io/guides/api-connector-components-how-to-use-and-connect-rest-curl-apis

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again @BenPleysier for your interventions, always so precious.

Well, the LinkedIn documentation link is really interesting, and I will add it to my resources, however it seems to confirm that the Linkedin API, does not give access to POST (articles posted by an account).

It is true that my question can be confusing, between POST (generic term describing a posted article) and POST (the sending method associated with HTTP protocol)... I'm looking to extract abstracts from various articles (filtered by hashtags) as it is usual to handle in twitter... or orthers social networks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think LinkedIn only lets you 'share' posts if you are the owner of the LinkedIn account that you want to extract the post/s from. ie if you wish to include posts on a website you can only do so IF you have access to the LinkedIn account to let you do that. Not that I have any experience with LinkedIn but a few Google searches would suggest thats how it seems to work as opposed to a public API where anyone is welcome to fetch the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @osgood_ for your participation. Indeed, I am talking about a POST extraction from an account to which I have access.

Based on the research I have done so far, it seems that the only information that can be extracted are the profiles, contacts, job offers, and other such frills but not the POSTs themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The microsoft docs for LinkedIn, under the 'Shares' navigation tab suggests you can retrive, posts, comments and likes, restricted to organizations in which the authenticated member has one of the following company page roles. 'administrator' or 'direct sponsored content poster' - BUT I have no idea what that means (maybe it just means you can share within the application and not externally)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/marketing/integrations/community-management/shares/share-a... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is one of the track I had explored at start, but apparently the SHARE API corresponds to the fact that a member of this community shares a content to publish himself this content to one of his publishing groups

It doesn't seem inclined to extract an abstract from the content itself !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in fact there doesn't seem to be an answer to this question. I appeal to the moderators... how can we mark it as unanswered... ?

Or at least, could one of you post, "... hmmm, there doesn't seem to be an answer to this question..." , so i can mark it as resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines