• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linting operation timed out

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to MacOS Monterey. I don't know if that is the source of the problem, or the Dreamweaver update that came directly after it.

I am now getting the error "Linting operation timed out". I'm not sure what that means or how to correct it. I am also unable to upload my files to my web-site. I am getting the error message "index.html cannot be found in the local list." This is all my web-sites. Even ones that I have up/down loaded before with no problem. Any advise would be helpful.

🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your computer.

Restore Preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Redefine your local site folder by going to Site > New Site...  Point to files on your primary hard drive.

Ensure that the files & folders on your local HD have full read/write permissions.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-permissions-for-files-folders-or-disks-mchlp1203/mac

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy.

I restored my preferences several times. I checked that I had full read/write permissions. I uninstalled, and reinstalled DW, and nothing changed.

I finally went into "Manage Sites", and browsed the "Local Site Folder", and chose exactly what was already there. This seemed to reset it, so I can now "Locate in Site", and upload to my web-site. 

Still working on the Linting operation timeout error... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you disable Linting from your Preferences Panel?

image.png

I sometimes turn it off when I'm working with code that DW doesn't understand for whatever reason. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. I may have clicked it on and off while I was poking around. I don't remember. In any case, the problem  seems to have resolved itself. The error message is no longer there(?). All is good in the world...for the moment... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben. This is a little over my head, but I am working on it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines