Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Files Disappeared During FTP Upload

Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest version of Dreamweaver.

Today, I successfully connected to the server via FTP within DW. Selected two folders of images to be uploaded into the Images folder on the server. There was no indication that either folder was put into the destination. Checked the FTP log, no data. Checked other folders around the Images folder to see if they went into the wrong one but not there either. Now, both folders appear to have been deleted from the Local files and are not in the Recycle Bin.

Anyone experience this? Ideas where the folders might have gone? Never had anything like this happen before. Don't have a backup, as they were just created.

Thanks for any info. DW Help was no help.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say gone, gone from where exactly?

Local hard drive, local testing server, cloud drive like OneDrive or DropBox...

I have never lost a folder of files before but I have lost DW site definitions.  For whatever reason, they just vanished from my Files & Manage Sites panels.  The solution was to Import previously exported STE files.  Or manually recreate the site folder.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines