Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Dreamweaver CS6 constantly freezing when ftp connection times-out

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone's encountered this problem - when uploading via ftp and the connection times out Dreamweaver freezes - you can't close it, it just keeps saying "connection timed out", won't stop the process and the only way to get it back to work is to force close it. Happens on a very regular basis and is quiet frustrating. I'm using Adobe CS6 on a windows 7 machine.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon Fritz II, that solved it - for me anyway.

Thank you very much indeed.

I do still think there is a bug in Dreamweaver which in certain circumstances (like trying to cope with a corrupt DW Cache ?), causes it to go into a tight loop at that 'delete directory' juncture. But deleting the cache now lets me connect to my problem site successfuly - so i never get to experience the lower level problem. And by the way, a few days ago my computer did crash with a power cut, which might explain the DW Cache corruption too.

I haven't seen this recommendation anywhere else - but, everyone who is suffering from this, I would thoroughly endorse it !

Many thanks again. Very grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad to see this was resolved!

Without a doubt, the file / site management tool in Dw needs work. It hasn't changed in a long time and is high up on our list! Stay tuned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping this would work for me too, but it did not. Bummer. Would love to see a fix for it.

--Beth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, didn't work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  have encountered this - for the last 13 fricking years with Dreamweaver!!!  See here for the only fix:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5688060#5688060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the real FIX:

http://www.jetbrains.com/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this constantly with DW for the last four years as far as I can recall. I've tried everything on the forums.

Nothing works.

When DW has a problem with the FTP connection it will never just drop it or cancel it, it just goes on and on and on trying to connect. This happens maybe 20 times a day for me in my work cycle and I lose 4 or 5 mins each time. I know I should just use another FTP program, it kind of defeats the point of having FTP within Dreamweaver as when it does work it's absolutely what I need.

Adobe don't seem to take this seriously. It's not acknowledged as a problem and we get the usual, must be your router or ISP claptrap. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an extremely old thread pertaining to DW CS6. CS6 is no longer sold, supported or updated in any way. Any problems that existed with it after about 2012 are permanent issues as the program will never be changed by Adobe, it is EOL.

If you are using something other than CS6, please start a new thread here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/dreamweaver

Make sure to include all pertinent information: OS, DW version, workflow, errors, FTP logs, etc

I'm locking this 2013 thread down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines