• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Emmet

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Dreamweaver CC 2018, and it tells me that I can use Emmet to make my coding quicker.  When I click on the tip, it takes me to Dreamweaver Exchange, and I have to search for it, and here is the problem, it isn't there to be found.  I go to the creators website, Emmet.io, and click on download, and even then, it doesn't work.

How on earth, can I use Emmet, if Dreamweaver doesn't want me to use it??

Look forward to hearing the replies.

Damo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Try replacing those plus signs with chevrons > and it should work.

div>nav>ul  TAB

<div>

<nav>

<ul></ul>

</nav>

</div>

Or with IDs and classes  -  div#myID>nav.menu>ul.top  TAB

<div id="myID">

<nav class="menu">

<ul class="top"></ul>

</nav>

</div>

And lets add 5 lists with anchors.

div#myID>nav.menu>ul.top>li*5>a  TAB

<div id="myID">

<nav class="menu">

<ul class="top">

<li><a href=""></a></li>

<li><a href=""></a></li>

<li><a href=""><

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea Nah, it doesn't, but I don't mind. Just was curious as a friend was talking about it.  When do you think Emmet will be fully compatible with Dreamweaver CC 2018??  Are Adobe and the developers still working together to get it fully compatible??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all candor, I have had other problems with 2018 such that I reverted back to 2017.   So Emmet works fine for me!   I don't know when or if they'll get all the bugs worked out of 2018.    We can hope .

In the meantime, please submit you bug reports so these get logged in the official database.  See screenshot.

CC-submitBug.jpg

If you want to revert to an older version, you can do that from your CC Desktop App by clicking on Other Versions as shown below.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, Nancy OShea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damo ?... did you try removing the extra space ???

I've tried on different system, and it works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nancy just be aware that the + sign create siblings, the chevron &gt; sign create childs....

so using one or the other is not question of making the abreviation work... but a final aim in the DOM tree model

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious to see who find this answer usefull??? arf arf....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact it works like a charm... it is just because you have an extra space at the end of your abreivations... just remove it and be sure to hit TAB just after the very last caracter of your abreviation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damo,

I am having the same problem. It is turned on in preferences, but when I press Tab nothing happens. I have tried the shortcuts in Brackets, with Emmet enabled, and it works. It is a bug in Dreamweaver 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello Phillip and Damo,

On which system are you testing... which DW version ?

here it works... the only problem that I saw on Damo example, was that it use a space in between the last caracter of the abreviation and the pressing TAB... so just be sure to press the TAB just after the last char of the abbreviation

12.31.2017-12.43.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the link to Emmet 12.2 documentation.

https://docs.emmet.io/abbreviations/

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now folks... this thread is very nice... but ...

although I am an atheist and I do not believe for a long time to santa claus ... I have a lot of friends who have just arrived at the office and my hedonistic libertarian side attracts me to increase my propensity to party.

I wish you all a happy holiday season... see you ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey B i r n o u​, I'm sorry, I have been away from the laptop as I was having a Star Wars marathon with my wife.  But, I have decided to just wait for Adobe to realize that Emmet isn't working with DW2018 and fix it.  I expect that I'll have a very long wait, so shouldn't hold my breath.  This has been an interesting topic, I am guessing, so I am happy to keep it going, if you guys like it to stay alive??

I am currently building my website using DW, so it should be ready in February when I publish my autobiography!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool... did you try removing the last white space at the end of the abreviation... is this still not working that way...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines