Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MACROMEDIA ERROR.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is a blast from the past: Dreamweaver 8 on an XP machine.

Having said that (after recovering), you will need to supply more informmation like, have you had it working before, and can you show us the crash report?

PS: Can't resist

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the 8.02 update? If I remember back that far, it contained some critical updates that improved stability.

https://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dw8

But quite honestly, Dreamweaver 8 is ancient.  If you're building modern websites, you really need a modern code editor.   At least, one that understands HTML5 and CSS.  I would suggest Brackets but I don't think it will run on XP.  You need at least  Windows 7 with service pack 1.

http://brackets.io/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Nancy says if you are using the server behaviors you'll need to make sure you have the 8.0.2 update installed, as the 8.0 release generated server side code that had a nasty SQL Injection vulnerability. Also you'll really need to install the HTML5/CSS3 extension to bring it a bit more up to date. Its very old though and the server behaviors only support old versions of PHP and the old MySQL extension, I don't recommend you use for new projects. ...

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines