• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making thumbnail images larger - directions for dummies?

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a few folks critique my website and their biggest critique is that one can't look at thumbnails of my artwork and click on the images of my paintings to make them bigger.

Since all work I've done on my site I've done using CSS, not HTML, are there any simple CSS directions for dummies that I can follow so that when folks do click on a small thumbnail it can be enlarged to about 10 x bigger?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Below is the code for a responsive layout & modal image viewer.   Simply copy & paste this code into a new, blank document.  Save and test locally.   Replace the placeholder images (thumbnails & full size) with your own images. 

<!doctype html>

<html lang="en">

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Bootstrap Modal + Carousel Gallery</title>

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">

<!-- Bootswatch Solar Theme-->

<link href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootswatch/3.3.7/solar/bootstrap.min.css

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suzetteb58689955  wrote

I've never created my own new page before.

Go to File > New > New Document > HTML > NONE  >  hit the Create button.

By test locally, I mean open it in your browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Suzette,

looking again to your Suzette Boulais: Paintings I would propose that you use DW "Hotspots" technique. So you can use the large "composition-images" of your present website without a lot of effort.   See How to include interactive hotspots in your web site . >>> I quote: An image map is an image that has been divided into regions called hotspots; when a user clicks a hotspot, an action occurs (for example, a new file opens) ... >>> ...

I'll send you a screenshot of my German DW.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's my screenshot:

hotspot.jpg

... and see in the link from above:

Insert client-side image maps    

When you insert a client-side image map, you create a hotspot area and then define a link that opens when a user clicks the hotspot area.

Note: You can create multiple hotspot areas, but they are part of the same image map.

In the Document window, select the image.

In the Property inspector, click the expander arrow in the lower-right corner to see all properties. aso ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines