• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Edge is getting the axe

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look here GitHub - MicrosoftEdge/MSEdge: Microsoft Edge and Why Microsoft is replacing Edge (and what comes next) - YouTube

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was anounced about 6 weeks ago, but thanks for letting those who do not follow the Edge blog know.

What worries me is that it will once again give one browser engine almost complete domination of the browser market, and that like MS with IE6 development, Chromium development will not continue at its previous pace. Chromium has over the last few years become slower in adding new features, (maybe web developers fault for not using them when they do).

If the Edge dev team also work on adding features to the Chromium projects, then we may even see more features being introduced. It's a big IF though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously briefly referenced it here, before it become ‘official’ by MS at the start of the month.

pziecina  wrote

I think it was anounced about 6 weeks ago, but thanks for letting those who do not follow the Edge blog know.

Do you have a link to a reference on the Edge Blog where this information was available and announced 6 weeks ago (mid November) before the official announcement? I would like to read that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding (and it could be incorrect) that Micro$oft is using Chrome's open-source engine.  They are not building it from scratch, anymore.  Which I think is a good thing, because then Edge _should_ be more DOM compliant.  Less hackish code.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WolfShade  wrote

It's my understanding (and it could be incorrect) that Micro$oft is using Chrome's open-source engine. 

^ _ ^

I think that's what I read, somewhere, recently. It's been documented that Edge was getting the chop. Its a one browser war - Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines