• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing PHP Files?

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, does anybody know why my php files won’t display online? I can view them on my computer using XAMPP but they won’t display online. I should have one at this url » http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php but I get this error message when I navigate to the page …

“Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at root@localhost to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache Server at www.maximum-robot.co.uk Port 80”

Thanks for your help
Gareth

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

I have uploaded the php test file with that code like you said but get the same error message when I navigate to it. It should be at this url … http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/phptest.php

How can I find out if it is a server error or if my remote server does not support php? In other words, how can I find out if my server supports php? Thanks again.

By @Gareth_Williams

That suggests to me you will need to contact your hosting provider as either there is a server error if youre getting an error mes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Ok, it does work now on my original file which I first posted. I don't know why that test file doesn't work. Now I can ask the question that I originally wanted to ask, which is why are some of the images not showing? They all display on my deskop, in any browser and in Photoshop, but some of them do not display in the PHP! Should a make a new thread for this issue? http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php

By @Gareth_Williams

Can you check the images are actually on the re

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have taken out the hash symbol from all the file names and the whole PHP gallery displays as it should! Brilliant! However, I still have a problem that I suspect is due to my version of XAMPP. That is that certain images don’t display on my computer using XAMPP but do display online. This is quite annoying and confusing me! I know that XAMPP has nothing to do with Dreamweaver! Anyway, thanks again for your help!

By @Gareth_Williams

It would not be anything to do with your version of  Xampp if as you say other images are displayed successfully locally. You need to look at the images that are not displaying and try and work out why they are not displaying, what's different about them to the ones that do display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will upload the offending images shortly. Hopefully somebody can help me work out what is different about them! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, these two images don’t show up in the thumbs, fourth row down, second and third along from the left. The images are called “8_BamBam” and “8_Hitman2” I can’t find anything that is different about these two images! http://www.maximum-robot.co.uk/WrestlingPHP/WrestlingFigures.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming we are saying they don't show up when testing using Xampp server locally, what does show up, a broken image link, another image, which would suggest a browser cache issue? 

Have you opened the page locally in another browser assuming you have an alternative one installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exactly the same in FireFox, Safari and Chrome, so it can't be a browser issue. There is something about these images that is different. It's not a big deal because they display online but it's annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines