mm:beginlock mm:endlock issue

Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  mm:beginlock and mm:endlock are popping up in my DOM panel surrounding my include for my navbar:  mm:beginlock<!--#include file="nav.shtml"-->mm:endlock 

I have read that it is an error.  It could be happening because of a translation file on my compuiter or in dreamweaver itself.

 

I deleted Dreamweaver 2021 and then downloaded it from cloud again.

 

I did download microsoft speech recognizer 8.0 for windows a while back.  I can't find it except under speech recognition.  I did take it off of the startup menu.  

 

Has anyone come accross this issue and if so how did you get around it.  Thanks

 

PS:  I did change my account name and pic just FYI.

 

Views

122

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/extend/locking-translated-tags-or-blocks.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben.  Yes, I saw this but wasn't sure what to do with it lol. 

 

It seems the server side include navbar only works on the desktop.  When I went down to tablet and phone sizes the mobile nav button does not pick up the server side include and there is no menu.  Ugh.  Live and learn.  I was trying to avoid using the find and replace when I have to add something to the navbar.  This site will be over 40 page.  On a brighter note the server side include works with the footer across all media queries.

 

Thanks for your help!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I have used PHP for the includes. This was free of any problem.

 

Currently I use NodeJS/Express which has a much better templating system. You will need to have NodeJS enabled on the remote server for this to be of use.

 

If you have a couple of hours to spare, hve a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uL0lFFoN0

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.
Learn how to develop a web app from scratch using Node.js, Express.js, PostgreSQL, and Bootstrap. Develop a landing page and a CRUD application collecting sa...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines