• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos look off when in the previews

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have my Dreamweaver opened in split mode, the colors in my images are dark, however, when I pull it into the live preview in my browser it looks like it's super foggy. I'm not sure if it is something I did in my coding or not. Is there anything I can do or is it just a visual glitch?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone is suggesting that all I need to do is go back and start over. I have the pictures exactly as I need them. When I use one picture as a hero it is foggy yet when I use it as a picture just placed on a totally different page (in the same file with the same settings) it is perfectly fine. All I'm essentially asking is "is it because it is being used as a hero image? And must I honestly go back and change things in the original file in Photoshop, because that would require a long time of tweaking to make it look how it is supposed to?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image, if shown at the same size, should be the same whether or not in a hero.

It could be that the hero has style rules applied to it to make the image look foggy.

The best way to get assistance from us is to upload the page to a (temporary) remote location. That way we can see the problem in situ and be able to analyse the problem.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sdjames93  wrote

Everyone is suggesting that all I need to do is go back and start over. I have the pictures exactly as I need them. When I use one picture as a hero it is foggy yet when I use it as a picture just placed on a totally different page (in the same file with the same settings) it is perfectly fine. All I'm essentially asking is "is it because it is being used as a hero image? And must I honestly go back and change things in the original file in Photoshop, because that would require a long time of tweaking to make it look how it is supposed to?"

As I said in my 1st reply, check the size of the image, (tip - you can just measure the size of the images on the screen using a ruler). If the hero image is being displayed larger than the images intrinsic, (natural) size, pixelisation will happen, causing the image to look 'foggy'. This can also happen if you are using a standard image on a hi-dpi, (4k, or retina) screen).

It may also be possible that you have used css filters in your css for the image, which can change the images natural display dramatically, (you can even turn a color image to gray scale, using them).

As Ben says, it will help us if you can upload the image, (and any css) to your server. Failing that you can post the relevant css, (and the html for the hero image) in the forum, but you must use the forum post itself to do so, as email replys strip out any images, html and css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines