• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigation bar with drop downs

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a site in which the navigation bar is supposed to have a series of drop down menus.

I have a .jss file that a co-worker fluent with javascript came up with the add into my site.

He specifically pointed out which parts to copy and paste and where to paste them in the script.

However, when I try to do it it isn't functioning correctly, the srop downs do not appear.

Any suggestions?

I've attached the index.html file which includes the code for the drop down menu.

If you look at the coding you can see where my co-worker gave specific instructions where to copy and paste the code.

I also included the base_template.dwt file that I am using for the original site where I need to paste the code.

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should have mentioned that the code is for Apple. Sorry- cannot help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whatalotofrubbish wrote:

Perhaps you should have mentioned that the code is for Apple.

No, it's not. It's standard HTML and JavaScript. The reason it's not working - and what made you think it was for a Mac - is because all the links point to the Macintosh HD disk like this:

<link href="file:///Macintosh HD/Users/Carla/Desktop/Midwest Direct Website/MW_Direct_Demo_site/public_html/links.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

What this means is that the template hasn't been saved in a Dreamweaver site. Unless pages are saved in a defined Dreamweaver site, Dreamweaver cannot create the correct internal links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct as usual David. Never having seen references to "Mac" in a Dreamweaver file, I made a false assumption. Nevertheless, I still cannot help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines