• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New collapsing (folding) code in Dreamweaver cc 2015.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is "collapse all code except selection" ? It was really useful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Code collapse for selection in code view is back with the latest release DW CC 2015.1 Nov Release.

For more details read the post below

Dreamweaver CC 2015 update (2015.1) is now live!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using my laptop to work, in there I have DreamWeaver CC 2014.

In my first PC I can´t use the new folding tool. I´m in a revision work of scripts what have more than 3.000 lines each,  and the old collapse tool speeds up my work. With old tool I can collapse parts and parts of code to make revision in functions, classes what is impossible in new tool.

I'm thinking in downgrade to DW 2014 in my main PC but is very boring think this, because new version have many bootstrap functions, all the best. But for me (and I think for all people who is complaining) the old collapse tool is more necessary to acellerate the jobs.

Well, I´m posting to Mr. Rick Lee, a senior product marketing manager for Creative Cloud web products. http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2015/07/update-available-dreamweaver-cc-2015-16-0-1.html#comment-...

Sorry my ugly english, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded from CC 2015 to CC 2014. For the collapsing code reason as well as the constant crashing I get with 2015 (Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly). Crashes on close for me 8 times out of 10 and freezes on open 5 times out of 10. Not having that problem with CC 2014.

And it annoys me that the Tech Dept Reps come across like these are limited problems - or individual ones with piece by piece attempts at fixes when it is a software flaw. Whoever Adobe hires to beta-tests these programs needs to be fired. Unless...we are the beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A combo of PineGrow and Sublime Text gets you a brilliant design view, round-trip editing, lightning-fast editing, and code folding based on tags and selections (just like DW 2014 and before). And SublimeText has a great plugin ecosystem as well.

Code editing | Pinegrow Web Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my vote just now, vote count is up to 647. This is part of the current movement in design to hide things or remove features in the name of "simplicity". The primary culprit is Johnny Ive at Apple. He is behind the fact that in Apple Mail, you cannot even see the buttons for reply, forward, and attachment unless you hover over them. "Simplicity" is not so simple when it makes things hard to use. The code collapse/expand was self-evident. Now it's "unobtrusive" but confusing. Just bringing back the ability to collapse a custom selection won't cure this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, this will be addressed in an upcoming release.

With more improvements coming in 2016.

Next Generation of Dreamweaver : Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, as a user, I can see the value of Adobe's monthly charge for using Dreamweaver -- I get to cancel my subscription when they make terrible product development decisions and I'm not out a small fortune. I've been using Dreamweaver since the Macromedia days and this isn't the first time they just lopped off useful features in the name of progress. But this is the first time I've seen the decisions defended with a questionable user survey. I think these poor decisions help explain this terrible Google Treads graph regarding Dreamweaver (below - Google Trends). So hey, DW team, please bring back variable collapsible code.
Dreamweaver.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me nuts ever since the feature was removed.  It was so helpful.  Now I have to scroll up and down constantly.  I can't believe more people are not complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!  For those that don't know yet, the latest release of Dreamweaver now has the collapsing code feature again!!!  Made my day!  The color coding of the code is also a welcome improvement.  Makes it really easy to identify different parts of the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code collapse for selection in code view is back with the latest release DW CC 2015.1 Nov Release.

For more details read the post below

Dreamweaver CC 2015 update (2015.1) is now live!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally! welcome back selection collapse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll start using CC 2015 again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe, to hear us. You are again in the top of mind.

Thanks Preran to conduct this issue to Adobe.

Best regards for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Selected code collapsing is back - yeahhh - I just started Dreamweaver 2015.1 to use it from now on.....

Thanks Adobe for listening!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines