• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Computer. I have to recreate my sites. User name and passwords are MIA. Help! cs6

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While all my files are still on my harddrive, all my site management info is missing.

I cannot find any place where such information is stored. Ya, I didn't make note of it, so my fault!

Is there a place to find all the settings so I can access my websites and upload them again. No matter what I try, I keep getting the message. An FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host. The remote host cannot be found.

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of an STE file to import, you'll need to create a new site definition manually.

Go to Site > New Site.  See screenshots.

CC-localsite.jpg

Servers Tab: Enter your host server's S/FTP log-in credentials and Root Directory.  If unsure what to enter, ask your hosting provider for details.CC-RootFolder.jpg

Click the TEST button to confirm the server connection works.

If it's OK, export site definition to STE file and keep it in a safe place.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still have the old computer you should be able to export the ste files and move them over. If you didn't and you migrated files, the site definitions are stored on the hard drive. On a Mac, this is in your user library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/{version}/Sites and look for the file Site Prefs. On Windows, this is stored in the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Common/{version}/Sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines