• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New or edited pages not always uploading DW 2021

Participant ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited a number of pages and created a few more. All looks good when I preview them but when I go to upload them I notice that the dates are wrong and when they are uploaded they are missing the new/edited elements. I have looked at the folder my site is in and the dates again have not changed to the day I edited the file.

I do this every week and only just started to get this issue. I have dumped the site on the server and uploaded from scratch but the issue persists. I have cleared my Safari History and Cookies but there is no change.

Could someone please help with this as its driving me nuts after spending most of the day trying to sort it out.

I am using OS Monterey and using Transmit to upload.

Thank in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Thanks for all the replies!

I have deleted all cache and history in both Safari and Firefox and tsted the pages and no change.

I have created a new page by copying and pasting the code, replaced the iffy page and uploaded but no change

Its really odd because although I have saved the new file this mornning the file info in the folder still shows that it was modified last on the 6th Jan 2022.

I have gone over the whole section that these files are saved in and discovered that I had 2 folders with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure your host hasn't moved your files to a new server without informing you and youre still uploading to the old server. I use Transmit and have not encountered the issue you are describing.

Can you create a NEW file, upload it and view it in the browser when going to your domain name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep to complete what said Osgood, are you sure, you're still uploading to the remote server and not the testing server ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you uploading files to a folder outside your server's Root Directory?  If so, they are not publicly visible.

Did you check with your web host?

Did you properly define your site in DW -- Site > New Site...?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some pages have uploaded but not others.

I haven't changed any settings and done everything the same.

I have checked for viruses and anything untoward but that is all clear too.

I have created new pages and these are visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear your browser's data cache and history.  Or use a different browser.

It could be that you're seeing a cached version from browser memory and not the new file.

Or delete the old file from your Remote Server and upload the new one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you try to focus on a file that doesn't upload correctly.

So :

1. create a new blank page
  2. copy the content of the selected file
  3. paste it in the new blank page
  4. delete the selected page
  5. save the new page using the same filename than the deleted selected one
  6. upload this new file

does it work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies!

I have deleted all cache and history in both Safari and Firefox and tsted the pages and no change.

I have created a new page by copying and pasting the code, replaced the iffy page and uploaded but no change

Its really odd because although I have saved the new file this mornning the file info in the folder still shows that it was modified last on the 6th Jan 2022.

I have gone over the whole section that these files are saved in and discovered that I had 2 folders with the same name bar an underscore and was linking to the wrong files!!

So I guess there is a lesson here and that is DON'T MAKE IT TOO COMPLICATED!! 

Again thank you all for your replies and they have all helped because I rechecked everything and eventually discovered my mistake!

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive gone over the whole section that these files are saved in and discovered that I had 2 folders with the same name bar an underscore and was linking to the wrong files!!

By @nigelh70638339

Ooooops........it happens even to the best of us.

Now all you have to do is account why it's cost the client £3000.00 to upload a couple of files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Osgood but fortunately it is just a hobby page!

Once again thanks everyone nd in a way all answers were correct to a point but all led to the same conclusion. CHECK and recheck!!

What a plonker!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines