• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Database selected message in the browser window?

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wrapping up a project (my first creating a dynamic website) and working on an update form that is triggered by a form variable using a subscriber's email address.  When I test the form, I get the subject message in the browser.

I know there's an error, but I don't have a clue as to where to look.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The insert record page works as does the delete record function, but the update record page has me stumped.

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

It might be due to some duplication of mysql coding in ur page.. Can u paste here all the script from that page? Maybe we can see wat's the exact problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be due to some duplication of mysql coding in ur page.. Can u paste here all the script from that page? Maybe we can see wat's the exact problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q,

I rebuilt the update page from scratch and it shows well in the browser, but now I can't get the data to load. I set up a simple form page so that subscribers could enter their email addresses, click submit , and be taken to the update page where they could review and update their recordset info.

My original problem was that when the submit button was clicked on the simple form page it loaded a blank page with the "no database selected message." Now it loads the page but the update form contains no data.. I created a filtered recordset for the page that has a form variable that corresponds to the form ID but still nothing loads. I'm baffled.

Not knowing what to do I'm presenting you with the code from the simple form page and the code from the update page. I may be out of line doing this, but desperation demands desperate measures.

If all this is rubbish, just let me know, and I'll struglle on.

Huge thanks,

Dave

Simple form page—

<!-- #apDiv2 -->

<!-- a:link a:visited { text-decoration: underline; color: #006900; } a:hover { text-decoration: none; color: #C60; } a:active { text-decoration: underline; color: #DC6100; } #apDiv1 #apDiv3 #apDiv4 #featuredCover #mainContent #mlUpdate -->

INNERCHOICE Publishing

Bringing Emotional Intelligence to Life!

<!begin main-nav element>

• [ | books.php]

[CART | ] |  CONTACT US  |  HELP  |  ABOUT INNERCHOICE   

Please update any information you want to change

in <!begin for footer content>

About Innerchoice

Home   |  Mission   |  Vision  |  Commitment to You </div>
Resources for

Writers   |  Authors   |  Those Who Educate </
div>

[Contact Us | ]  |  Site Map

Copyright © 2009 by Innerchoice Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. </div> </div> </div> </div> </body> </html> <?php mysql_free_result($rsSubscriber);

mysql_free_result($rsJob);

mysql_free_result($rsState); ?>

David Cowan dave@davecowan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q,

When I change the filter in the update page recordset from form

variable to URL parameter and attache the parameter to the address

string, the page works perfectly.

My problem seems to be that the simple form page where the visitor

enters an email address is not passing that address along to the

update page. Any thoughts?

Dave

David Cowan

dave@davecowan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Q,

Just realized what a mess I'd created on the forum page. So I'll

start over with a new thread.

Again, many thanks

D.

David Cowan

dave@davecowan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines