• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X 10.9 Mavericks / Dreamweaver CC Issue

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help, am a bit stuck.

I (foolishly) upgraded to OS X 10.9 and now cannot load Dreamweaver. I'm being asked to install Java SE 6 (which I have now done about 20 times) but the application never loads.

I have uninstalled, including settings. Reinstalled. Rebooted. Repaired Permissions.

Any suggestions..?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Hello Andy,

Can you please let us know if you installed Java SE 6 from the alert dialog you get on launch of Dreamweaver. This will help others who are also facing similar issue.

Please note, installing Java SE 7 will not help. When you launch Dreamweaver, an alert dialog with a button to install Java SE 6 will be popped if it is not already installed. Clicking on the button will install the required Java runtime and Dreamweaver can be launched there after.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Adobe CC bundles its own Java and internal list of trusted certificate authorities. To add the two CA-cert files to the Adobe keystores I needed to download the "new_keystore.crt" and run this from the command line:

sudo find / -mount -name cacerts -print -exec keytool -import -alias an_appropriate_alias -file new_keystore.crt -keystore {} -storepass changeit -noprompt \;

You will need to know the name of the *.crt file that you want to add and the alias to be used for the new entry. This actually fixed a few other jab-based applications as well.

I hope that helps someone out there!

Thom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  I have my software problems all sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

I am trying to install DW CS6, which is new to my son and I, on a new MacBook Air that arrived today.

I have spent hours trying ALL of the suggested fixes on this post, to no avail.

The strange thing is I set up another account on hi MBA and DW launches and runs from there, but won't run in his account.

I don't know where to go from here, and frankly, I'm a little ticked off that Adobe doesn't offer any free support for people like me who just bought CS 6.

We can't afford the cloud.

Does anyone have any other suggestion? I have tried everything mentioned here to no avail.

Thank you

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW requires that you have Java SE 6 on your system.  I believe Mavericks ships with 7.

Prompted to install Java SE 6 Runtime | Mac OS 10.9

Disable APP NAP on your Mac

Unresponsive on Mac OS 10.9

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy O.

I have already done all of this, but will try it all again in a different order.

I am downloading Java SE 6 right now.

APP Nap was already disabled so I don't think that has anything to do with my problem.

Keep those suggestions coming. I have spent 3 hours of my life (that I will never get back) trying to get this damn thing to work.

Thank you

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it runs in another account on the same machine, it's unlikely to be the Java issue.

Have you tried a new installation after running the Cleaner tool?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

I didn't see that in this thread, granted I whipped through the earlier posts pretty quick skimming for it and may have missed it.

The issue "could" be a little corrupt file that's getting left behind in a standard reinstall.

Running the cleaner tool will get rid of absolutely everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon Fritz II:

This was a good suggestion, but it didn't work.

I ran the uninstaller, then ran the cleaner, then deleted everything I could find that had "Adobe" in front of it.

Fixed permissions, restarted, reinstalled DW 6, still won't launch.

Extensions Manager will launch, and DW will launch from the other user I set up.

Very frustrating but I think you are on rthe right track. There is "something" in the main user account preventing DW 6 from opening. Can't be Java....

Not sure where to look....

Thanks again...

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the "Main User" have full admin-level privileges?  This is required for reading & writing to files that DW creates.

How to fix corrupt user profile without creatin... | Apple Support Communities

In addition, you might want to install the 12.03 update for DW CS6. There were several bug fixes that came out after initial 12.0 product release.

Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy O:

Two very good suggestions.

I had NOT updated the CS 6 installation to the latest, which I did, but it still won't load.

I am a full admin---not a Mac beginner by any stretch.

Still won't launch....

Thanks again...

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved my problem!

I have deleted the DW 6 installation, and re-installed DW 5.

Everything works fine now.

I will be waiting for the day there is a viable alternative to Adobe Dreamweaver, and then moving to that.

Thank you all for your help.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried Coda 2, works nice, and they have a trail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going to look at Coda now.

Thanks

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines