• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OT: AWS Terms of Service

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever read the Amazon Web Services Terms of Service?  You definitely should. 

https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/

Scroll Down to section 42 Amazon Lumberyard Engine, subsection 42.10.  

I can't take credit for discovery.  This was brought to my attention in another forum, by ussnorway.  image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Zombies man, zombies.

It's not that long of a paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! the name @UssNorway brings back fond memories.

Amazon Lumberyard is a now-superseded freeware cross-platform game engine developed by Amazon and based on CryEngine. Therefore its current relevance is minimal.

What erks me more are all of the Amazon rights and user obligations throughout the document compared to very few user rights.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading this morning the new Mozilla newsletter about cookies and personal data management...

on this side, it's about protecting yourself, thinking of sheltering yourself and on the other side for cloud platform... it's about... come and feed our algorithms, but above all don't say or do anything that could harm our control over your own data...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Influencers, influencers, influencers. These pesky s*its are neither relevant or useful, but mere minor bugs who are pointless, wouldnt survive in the real World, have zero talent yet have a desperate desire to be taken seriously, joke. I rest my case. Its where we are at these days, the talentless, trying to influence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confess I don't understand @osgood_ what you are saying and what you are getting at...

I was just talking in one side about tools that allow us to browse contents while protecting us to the maximum, and on the other hand about platforms that offer us to host these same contents, but this time stripping us of all protections... what a paradox...!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put it more simply.

I'm talking about the ever growing influence in society of those that consider themselves, their requirement etc, over others needs and requirements, at any cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I still don't know what you are talking about or what you are getting at...

Mozilla creates a browser trying to protect privacy and personal data... they don't force anyone to use or employ their services...

Platforms offer application hosting spaces, and propose conditions and terms, allowing them to come, explore and exploit at will the data that transit on their services... but there again, they don't force anyone to use or employ their services...

so who are you talking about, when you say what you say

those that consider themselves, their requirement etc, over others needs and requirements, at any cost.

By @osgood_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mentality aspect...........this is what it is, this is what you do, that's how it is, these are the terms, no questions asked, regardless. It benefits us not you, you don't have a voice.

Trouble is there are a lot of  people who are lemmings, thats how they survive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I still do not perceive your subtlety, if subtlety there is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I still do not perceive your subtlety, if subtlety there is

By @B i r n o u

https://youtu.be/ransFQVzf6c 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zombies man, zombies.

It's not that long of a paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you, Jon.  Literacy isn't dead after all.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines