• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please add ability to hide dot files and directories for the remote server.

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful to have a button or menu option to quickly hide and or show dot files and directories for the remote server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to see them when Hidden Files are turned on.

Click the fly out menu in the upper right of the Files window (3 bar icon) > View > put a check by Show Hidden Files

JonFritz_2-1703079098642.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the information. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm on macOS and there is no such menu option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrew Bajka,

Thanks for writing to us. The option provided by Jon is available on macOS too. Please refer to the below screenshot for enabling the menu option on macOS.

Show or hide hidden filesShow or hide hidden files

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,

Nayan

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nyan,

Sorry but I'm not finding anything on my macOS similar to your image. This is what I have on top of my screen:

pic001.jpg

Where is this "Show Hidden Files" located, under which menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrew Bajka,

Please click on the sandwich icon at the top-right of Files panel to see the menu options as per our attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't have a sandwich icon. This is what I see:

pic001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrew Bajka,

Please click on Collapse button in the panel to see the sandwich icon. Please refer to the below screenshot.

Collapse icon in files panelCollapse icon in files panel

Thanks,

Nayan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nayan. That was very helpful.

I would like to see an option to "Show Hidden Files" when viewing the Remote Server as well. Currently dot files and directories are always visible, however it would be nice if we could hide and or show the same way we can for the Local Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful to have a button or menu option to quickly hide and or show dot files and directories for the remote server.

By @Andrew Bajka

=========

For server related matters, you should contact your hosting provider.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

The function I'm requesting would be a Dreamweaver function. It would be identical to the way cPanel File Manager works, they have a Settings button which brings up this overlay: 

pic001.jpg

As you can see there's an option to "Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)" and this is exactly the function I'm asking to be added to Dreamweaver.

Would you be so kind as to submit my request to the appropriate department.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cPanel is server software.

More importantly, Dreamweaver has been in minimal maintenance status since late 2021.  No new features are being added. Use Dreamweaver alongside other web tools that are in active development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cPanel is not a server software. cPanel is a web hosting control panel software. It provides a graphical user interface (GUI) and automation tools to simplify the process of managing a website.

I'm sorry to hear that Dreamweaver is in minimal maintenance status and no new features are being added. It's a wonderful program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am very familiar with cPanel and it's companion WHM.  They are installed on my server, thus they are server software.

https://docs.cpanel.net/installation-guide/system-requirements/

That said, I mainly use free FileZilla S/FTP client to transfer & manage files on the server.  FileZilla is available for Windows or Mac and has configuration options for what you require.

https://www.webhostface.com/kb/knowledgebase/linux-ftp-filezilla-show-hide-hidden-files/

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that Dreamweaver is in minimal maintenance status and no new features are being added. It's a wonderful program.

By @Andrew Bajka

If you are a dinkum web developer, I think it is time to move on from Dreamweaver.

For this reason I have jumped ship to using Wappler instead. No installation of servers like Apache with the Wappler built in servers, no need for the likes of PhpMyAdmin, an FTP that works for all dialects and a simplified directory panel.

BenPleysier_0-1703123442781.png

Best of all, Wappler is a low code IDE making development many times faster than other development environments.

Have a look at the playlists that I am working on at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC8-qBFItSeBYuXolTng41pN

and

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUjqTJN3byC_14StBaQyXdhl_K29n5coI

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of all, Wappler is a low code IDE making development many times faster than other development environments.

By @BenPleysier

Just don't forget to add it uses a niche workflow which will isolate you from a myriad of resources where answers, so.utions and help can be found to more main stream web/app development approaches......be aware what you are buying into would be my advice. Once you have ALL the information and not just selective information you can make a decision about if a program is the right choice for your particular needs and requirements.

Before anyone jumps out of their pram lm just addressing the balance of information provided so anyone who cares to read these posts will be armed with less biased information. 

I'm not anti Wappler, as it may seem, l'm just providing what l think may be critical information as to if its the right weapon of choice. For some it will be for others maybe not........they can determine that for themselves if they have a better understanding of the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Wappler after having experienced Dreamweaver with DMXZone extensions. DMXZone have been supplying reliable extensions for Dreamweaver for nearly one quarter of a century. Wappler as no more than a modern uptodate Dreamweaver with all of the DMXZone extensions.

Yet when DMXZone supplied extensions to Dreamweaver, there was no talk about a niche workflow.

I would agree with @osgood_ if he were giving this advice after having tried to use Wappler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet when DMXZone supplied extensions to Dreamweaver, there was no talk about a niche workflow.

I would agree with @osgood_ if he were giving this advice after having tried to use Wappler.

By @BenPleysier

I'm not keen on workflows which box you in making it more difficult to find answers and solutions to problems. You become dependent on a small community of users rather than a large community of users. I'm not keen on workflows which don't use recognised/popular main stream workflows such as the app connect framework. It's not extensively documented like Vue, React, Angular and many others. Why not because its a niche workflow built for a specific purpose, that being a commercial solution, which requires you to buy into it.

Is this bad, yes, if you are in web development seriously as it will limit your progress and potentially future opportunities within the industry, no, if you're just passing through wanting to get a website or app published with little knowledge.

You cover up the critical facts about the product which distorts the usefulness of the program to a certain criteria of users. 

Addressing your suggestion that l might try Wappler -personally l would not waste time exploring  Wappler. As a professional or ex professional now, l would regard it as putting my eggs all in one basket. Meaning it would be difficult for me to find full time paid employment on the back of l could only use Wappler. Niche workflows usually result in less full time paid employment should you ever need to consider that in your career, which may span 25/30 years. I would be looking further ahead not just to tomorrow.

It's a case of different strokes for different folks. As l say lm just addressing the balance of opinions and views.

No-one mentions Wix here otherwise l would provide my views on that as a solution. I don't have an agenda against one particular solution, the boys over at Wappler have produced  a great product aimed at a specific user in my opinion. I have a vested interest in web development, the good, the bad and the ugly.........it would be a waste not to share those opinions and views

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well @osgood_ , please continue pretending that you know Wappler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well @osgood_ , please continue pretending that you know Wappler.

By @BenPleysier

Theres NO pretence about it, please elaborate if you think I've got anything incorrect about what I have said. Sounds like you have been brain washed by some cult to keep denying simple facts, which anyone can find out if they care to. 

1) Show me a main stream jobs board with numerous positions for Wappler users?

2) Show me where app connect appears in any serious web-development poll or Wappler for that matter being used as one of the most popular editors.

3) Show me a dedicated website which documents app connect in terms of using it without Wappler

4) Show me a community other than the Wappler forum where you can find answers and solutions regarding the use of Wappler and app connect

Come on be real. I'm not trying to pour cold water on Wappler at all here (its useful to a certain demographic, perhaps you for instance, being mostly retired, no longer career concerned, I would think and possibly finding it easier than keeping pace with current workflows involved in main stream development, such as React, Vue, Angular). You keep on saying I'm pretending, well go ahead and prove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you depicting me as a victim of brainwashing? You do not know me, so please refrain from making stupid remarks.

Have you ever answered questions that I have posed to you? E.g. Show me one website that you have created for a client.

So, please stop asking irrelevant qustions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see whats irrelevant about asking you to provide some proof based on the information l provided which you suggested l was incorrect about...............OK so i knew it was going to be impossible for you to do. so.........to prove my points, you obviously can't prove yours. Thanks for the confirmation.

Maybe you should think  before virtually inferring someone is a liar, that's not very friendly either, so you should expect a response to reflect that in reference to implying you seem to be in denial, at least over protective, blinkered, call it what you want.

For anyone else sitting on the fence just go to stack overflow and search for Wappler, how many results come up compared to if you search for Vue, or React etc, it says a lot and proves all the points l made. Just go to their web development poll for 2022 and see what is considered the most popular main stream js frameworks and most popular of editors used by developers..........well l rest my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want answers? I will give them to you once you have answered my one single question!

WTF, here is my answer. Jobs are advertised by companies that already have their own web development environment in place. I agree that these companies, in general, will not be using Wappler. However there are exceptions that I see in the Wappler forum, but they are very few.

The thing is that not everyone is tied to working for a company, much like you and I. This is why your questions are irrelevant to this group of web developers. What this group needs is a powerful IDE that helps in creating a web, mobile or destop application.

As an example, instead of tediously writing code for a YouTube Video Gallery, this is done without writing any code at all

BenPleysier_0-1703237920831.png

See my video

https://youtu.be/lqZqOapCxiQ?si=SAvCu31HP9KjZ9lD

What other IDE do you know of, will do this for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want answers? I will give them to you once you have answered my one single question!

WTF, here is my answer. Jobs are advertised by companies that already have their own web development environment in place. I agree that these companies, in general, will not be using Wappler. However there are exceptions that I see in the Wappler forum, but they are very few.

The thing is that not everyone is tied to working for a company, much like you and I. This is why your questions are irrelevant to this group of web developers. What this group needs is a powerful IDE that helps in creating a web, mobile or destop application.

By @BenPleysier

But youre not saying anything different to what  I said in which you implied l was incorrect. As long as you can source work yourself then l see no problem with using a niche workflow, however a career which may span a number of years its putting all your eggs in one basket which is what l said. If for any reason work dries up well good luck in finding a full time vacancy on the basis of you know how to use Wappler. It only stands to reason if you have a wider knowledge, use what is considered to be main stream approaches then there will be more opportunities. To me its a blinkered concept to put yourself in that position unless you really don't care about your future as possibly a delivery driver or shelf stacker. Sort term gain rarely works out in the long run.

Most jobs advertised by companies won't be asking for experience of app connect, they will be asking for experience of Vue, React, etc that's not Debatable.

As for your example that's great as long as you have the knowledge, skill and ability to tweak what you don't like with a default solution. Again l doubt that would be the case for the majority of users who would just go with what's on offer..........how is that considered professional. Its not wrong but you can't compare the two as being equal, as you are trying to do.

I could build a brick wall at a stretch but lm not in denial that it's probably not going to be as good as a skilled exponent in brick laying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines