• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

posting a video always times out

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to post a 20+MB video to my index page. Only the first frame posts, then times out. It "plays" for 30+ seconds on the web but never moves off the first frame. My hosting company says to increase connection time, but how do I do that? Do I do that in DW or in iPower?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a link to the page in question?  Also is the video file on your server the same size as the file is locally?  If the video is not the same size then it could be an issue with the upload. In that case I would recommend trying to upload the file again and click on Site-->Advanced-->FTP log before you do so we know the exact error.  If the file size is the same it could be an issue with your embed and/or server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe your server is too slow.  Try uploading your video to YouTube and when completed, copy YT's embed code & paste it into your web page. 

The YouTube advantage is twofold:  1. YouTube carries the bandwidth for you. 2. YouTube uses dedicated streaming media servers that average people can't afford.

If it still times out, maybe you need a faster Internet connection.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines