• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing a Dynamic Website

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had built static pages before and now I have to build my first dynamic page, I'll be using PHP and MySQL, for a testing server I'm using MAMP.

I have a couple of questions about this. Using this testing server, would I be able to show the pages to my client, do I need to upload the files to MAMP, I'm not sure how the whole thing works. I never used a testing server before.

Once that the site is finished and I'm ready to publish it, do I just define the remote info or is it anything else I need to do?

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Drop everything into the htdocs folder.  This then becomes your local site.  Bring your whole site to htdocs from wherever you now have it located.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using XAMPP. Im not so sure how to configure MAMP but im pretty sure that u have to transfer all the files in MAMP folder, your server folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, do you know which folder exactly, there's MAMP folder, inside there is many folders, there is a bin folder that includes another mamp folder with css, different folders with different languages options...Do you know what folders I need to include?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop everything into the htdocs folder.  This then becomes your local site.  Bring your whole site to htdocs from wherever you now have it located.  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks.

After that I guess when I'm ready to publish, I'll define the remote server, right? and upload the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Just think of moving from your local site to your remote

site. Where your site is located now is just to accommodate your test

server.

David Cowan

dave@davecowan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy, thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines