• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pull in entire site -- NOT

Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An older computer of mine that had Dreamweaver on it went kaput last week and so I now have a new one with with Dreamweaver installed. I can connect and log on to Dreamweaver but have found that after aiming to Pull In Entire Site - and I do pull in a few web files, I get a file complete message, but this is entirely wrong. There are dozens more files and website pages I need to pull in, but it's just not happening and they are simply not coming in. It's a complete stop.

Thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks much.

Suzette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

suzetteb58689955  wrote

What's baffling is that I'm missing 3/4 of my site files in all places.

That implies that some of your site files may have been uploaded to the wrong location on your server.

With Filezilla, move above the public_html Root Directory to see what else is on the server. 

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  Use the LINK field on your HTML Properties Panel (Ctrl+F3).  Click on the folder icon to browse for file.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy.
I'm now getting ready to upload the site. Am a little gun shy, not sure if I'm missing anything.
I've tried to preview in live time each page to give it a review and receive this message several times after several tries:

You tried to access an external HTML page which cannot be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview....

I thought I was opening in Dreamweaver.

Thanks for any suggestions on how I can preview my pages before I bite the bullet and do an entire site re-upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the open tab and select Open in Browser

CC-Preview-in-browser.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, Nancy.

A very, very helpful and active forum this is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines