• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Find in Selected Text" missing in Dreamweaver CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that a feature from Dreamweaver CS6, "Find in Selected Text", is missing in Dreamweaver CC. Any chance this will be coming back anytime soon? It was always helpful to be able to search just part of a big file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Nothing about DW CC is the same as legacy Creative Suite.  DW 2017 was rebuilt from the ground up with a new code engine based on Brackets.  The UI, menus and Find & Replace options will never be the same again.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Is there any way to request this functionality to be added back in and be considered by the developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Find & Replace options & filters in my screenshot more than cover what I need DW to do. And it's fast, too.  Much faster than the old F&R.  I don't have any unwieldy documents to contend with.  But if I did, I would split them up into smaller files. 

image.png

You can submit feature requests from your Help Menu.  And be sure to state why you can't work without it.  If enough people agree with you, maybe they'll consider adding it to their road map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work-around solution was to copy/paste the text into a new document, search there, then use those results to make the changes in the original file. I see the "Submit Feature Request" link and will take advantage of it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you submit this feature request and post the link to it, here, I'll gladly vote for it.  I imagine a few others might, as well.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Commented, and voted.  Anyone else?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doggonnit.. someone removed my comment.  There was nothing offensive about any of it.  Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the right forum?  Nobody has removed anything from this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it is missing when one use the search in files (ctrl shift f)... but in fact, that is is not usefull because text is not selected in closed files...

but when you use search in the open file  (ctrl f or ctrl h) the filter offer you the possibility to focus the searh in the selected file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines