• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Dreamweaver CS6 update

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be off Topic, but I Think Adobe Should Set up Dreamweaver as a Platform like, Webflow or Editor X, to spark some competition in that area. With a Option for No-Coding option with Drag and Drop capability with subscription to host websites, as well as Lottie Animation and 3D scrolling Options. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-The Adobe employees who read here are support staff, not the programmers who make changes
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-for PPro https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johannesh67488898 you're posting to a thred that's 10 years old.  i'll move your thread to the dreamweaver forum though you're trying to initiate an, at least, partial business decision with other users that have no knowledge (they can share) about adobe's business decisions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Clarify.

Adobe have zero interest in Dreamweaver. It is what it is and it won't be getting any more attention or updates that make it any better than what it currently is, that's official, unless that stance changes. It's on life support and in time will die, it will gradually be less used at which point Adobe will take the decision to remove it from their portfolio of software. At the moment it still remains usable for some but its already way behind other editors, this can only get worse as newer and improved workflows imerge, which Adobe have, at this time, no intention of including in Dreameaver.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think Adobe Should Set up Dreamweaver as a Platform like Webflow...

By @johannesh67488898

============

Different tools for different types of users.  If you crave a platform like Webflow, then use Webflow. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

Adobe won't do this for two reasons:

1. Dreamweaver CC is only minimally maintained now. It's not receiving any new features.  

2. CS6 is discontinued and unsupported software from 10+ years ago.  It hasn't been updated since it came out and is not compatible with Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.  It will never be tested on Win11.  It is what it is.

Adobe has an online web service called Adobe Portfolio that includes free hosting on Adobe's servers and limited features for showcasing examples of your best creative work online.  No coding skills required. Portfolio is free with your paid Creative Cloud Plan.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What your saying is nothing but your feeling. I am thinking of an Idea that Adobe can Incorporate with a growing trend of Actual Designers trying to Earn more, as well as a useful tool for developers who are common users of Adobe products.

For those who use XD to design websites, or Apps. can easily be constructed using a Drag and Drop version of Dreamweaver. 

You dont have to approve of the idea, but its just an Idea from the designer who dont code, but still have the ability to design a website thru editor X or Webflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Dreamweaver CC is only minimally maintained now. It's not receiving any new features.

Fellow product users don't create new products.  We are just product users like you.

If you want XD to support new workflows, I suggest you post your Feature Request below where the XD developers will see it.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

If your ideas are feasible and enough other people agree with you, they may get implemented at some point.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What your saying is nothing but your feeling. I am thinking of an Idea that Adobe can Incorporate with a growing trend of Actual Designers trying to Earn more, as well as a useful tool for developers who are common users of Adobe products.

For those who use XD to design websites, or Apps. can easily be constructed using a Drag and Drop version of Dreamweaver. 

You dont have to approve of the idea, but its just an Idea from the designer who dont code, but still have the ability to design a website thru editor X or Webflow. 

By @johannesh67488898

Then learn to code just as @Nancy OShea has done. Nothing has changed since the cobbler was told to stick to his last.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I dont want to code, Why is it an issue? And why can't I have an Idea to non coders like myself, who uses Adobe products. Why are you so hell bent on me coding when i concluded an idea to help develop aspirations for Dreamweaver.  Should I not think about an idea? or do you want me to remain silent? which is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A website is much more than a few visuals. As a non-coder, you would not understand. 

Why not use VS Code as suggested here

https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/learn/design-systems/cloud-libraries/vscode-extension.html

Dreamweaver is on life support. You will be better off making your suggestions known in the XD forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are reasons why I dont code.. I am a Video Producer / Photographer and Graphic Artist..so my table is full. i know a little about coding but not the intense portion of web development 
Yes, i did send the idea about DW, but that as far as it goes. Maybe if you notice. I explained that DW and XD could work hand in hand if possible. Adobe had launched Muse, that didnt do well.. but there is still ways where DW & XD could change the market for both Coders / Non Coders, UX / UI, and Designers a like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I dont want to code, Why is it an issue?

By @johannesh67488898

===========

It's not an issue.  If you can't code or can't learn to code, then hire coders who can.  XD designers package their assets and hand them to their coding team for development.  That's why coders get paid big bucks to code and designers don't. 😲

Water seeps to its own level.  Do what you do best.  Don't try to be something you're not with lazy shortcuts.  The path to self-improvement begins with studying what you don't know and practice, practice, practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that DW is in non-maintenance mode. Adobe relies a lot on XD. As @BenPleysier recommends, you should approach this forum and propose your ideas, if they are not already included in XD.
Have you already tried XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I Did propose the idea... But my question to you.. IS IT A BAD IDEA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not being dismissive but it doesn't matter what I think. Adobe decision makers know who the lion's share of their target users are and what those users want.  If they think there is demand for drag & drop web authoring in a market that's already saturated with them, maybe they will take it up or maybe they won't.

Personally, I have no need for drag & drop web authoring tools because I know how to work with code.  Coding gives me unlimited freedom to do more with whatever tools I choose to use. 

Drag & drop tools have major limitations.  You are committed to them for the life of your website or until the company that makes them ends development -- whichever comes first.  By way of examples, I give you Muse, GoLive, Page Maker, Flash, Freehand, Fireworks, Adobe PhoneGap, Dimension, Fuse, Mixamo, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.. and I respect you for being a Coder... As a creative, I think we all need each other. Just as much as you are good at coding. I know you definately need photographers, motion graphic designers or animators to help with your content. So. Just as I dont know coding. however i am good in other areas. I think if I need your expertise in a area that i am not good at, you would be available to help.. 

As for Adobe, I generally believe Adobe should look into it, Regardless if there is a vast amount of platforms involved. Adobe can be the benchmark for a new era of Drag and Drop.. 

If I were you.. Id think about that idea, Gather a few developers and work on it.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you develop it?  Why should I develop it?  I don't work for Adobe.  This is a product user-to-user forum.   I have no interest in developing software, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh! Hostile much. Cant have a conversation without you getting pink?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the least bit hostile.  It's you are being hostile.  You're not paying attention to anything we've told you. 

1. Dreamweaver is NOT being developed with any new features. 

2. We don't work for Adobe. 

3. If you want all new drag & drop software that creates code, ask the XD product engineers to make one.  Post your feature request below where they will see it.

I can't make it any plainer than that.  Goodbye & good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the least bit hostile.  It's you are being hostile.  You're not paying attention to anything we've told you. 

1. Dreamweaver is NOT being developed with any new features. 

2. We don't work for Adobe. 

3. If you want all new drag & drop software that creates code, ask the XD product engineers to make one.  Post your feature request below where they will see it.

I can't make it any plainer than that.  Goodbye & good luck.

By @Nancy OShea

Gosh! And to think that there were omly grumpy old men! 🤣

Being one of them, men that is, I do tend to agree with yout outburst.

At the same time I feel for the OP. From their point of view, it would be simple to create a webpage by just dropping articles and images onto a canvas and clicking a button to convert that into an HTML document. In much the same way as getting into a car, telling it where I want to go to and sitting back, sipping my coffee and reading the last chapter of my book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIn much the same way as getting into a car, telling it where I want to go to and sitting back, sipping my coffee and reading the last chapter of my book.
By @BenPleysier

Yo @BenPleysier you should try it, personally I love driving, it's a real passion, but letting yourself drive is a delicious and tasty moment. it's such a different feeling than the train, the bus, or just being a passenger in a car... definitely a disturbing and intoxicating experience

on this subject I had the chance to attend a conference of Cédric Villani about IA and the part about assisted driving... is remarkable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same time I feel for the OP. From their point of view, it would be simple to create a webpage by just dropping articles and images onto a canvas and clicking a button to convert that into an HTML document.

By @BenPleysier

==========

Yeah, like Muse or GoLive before it -- both gone now. 

Last time I drove into Los Angeles, there was a washing machine on the freeway!  I wonder how an autonomous car would cope with that situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same time I feel for the OP. From their point of view, it would be simple to create a webpage by just dropping articles and images onto a canvas and clicking a button to convert that into an HTML document.

By @BenPleysier

==========

Yeah, like Muse or GoLive before it -- both gone now. 

Last time I drove into Los Angeles, there was a washing machine on the freeway!  I wonder how an autonomous car would cope with that situation.

By @Nancy OShea

A couple of weeks ago someone in the Wappler forum posed the question 'how do I make sure at least one checkbox is selected' - the only solutions they received was bespoke coding!!

If it can't do something that simple what else potentailly cant these half-cocked, low-code, no-code, drag/drop solutions do, I ask myself. I'm sure they get the job done in some form, just not exactly how you would like it to get done though, without some manual intervention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @osgood_ 

This is off topic.  Did you pay last repects to the Queen yet?  I understand the wait in queue is 20 hours or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @osgood_ 

This is off topic.  Did you pay last repects to the Queen yet?  I understand the wait in queue is 20 hours or more.

By @Nancy OShea

Its a bit OTT for  me. 'Over The Top'. I mean respect, yes, but all this lying in state for 4/5 days is a bit creepy. I guess I'll tune into the actual funeral itself tomorrow and then hopefully we can can back to normality, its been mostly unnecessary wall-to-wall coverage for the past 10 days, in my view.

Queue was about 14 hours at peak but I think the queue has been stopped now as it all kicks off tomorrow at about 6.30am UK time. They have to move the coffin and get it into place for funeral at 11am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines