Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Releasing cs6 for transfer

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a redundant PC which has a copy of Dreamweaver cs6 which I understand has to be released from the Adobe Server for reuse on another PC.

Can anyone please inform me how I can carry this out please?

Many Thanks 

John Hardy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

You can try the CS6 direct installation link below.  Hopefully it will work with your license.  Make sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS on that page or it won't download from Adobe's servers.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is pretty simple, if you have an authentic full license version of the software.

In the Help menu inside DW will be an option to Deactivate (you may need to open an html file if the option is grayed out). Using that option will free up one of your two activations so it can be installed and activated on a new machine. Install the software from your original media, using the activation code on the packaging and the new machine should work without issue. If you do have problems, you will need to contact Adobe Customer Care and specifically request an Activation Limit Reset for CS6.

One thing to note, many users who purchased DW 6 late in its life-cycle, bought from third party sellers who would offer the program at huge discounts. It turned out a lot of those third party sellers weren't giving people the full license, but an illegal copy of a volume license. If you have one of those copies, you most likely won't be able to re-activate, instead getting a "license revoked" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, your CS6 license came with 3 activations.  If you haven't exceeded that yet, you can probably install on another machine.  You will need a supporting OS, original installation disks or downloads, a way to read them and a valid serial # for that language, platform and version.

--------------------------
NOTE: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Apart from an activation count reset, Adobe customer care cannot help you with CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I am using cs6 at the moment working very well.
For this version I have Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
I think there must have been a later download as I have a note on the box of a Serial number for cs6.
Does this sound as if I have the correct info to be able to do the job?
Many thanks for your help.

John Hardy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is dead & gone.  Even if you have an installation disk and valid serial number, it can never be activated because the servers are gone.

Log-in to your account portal below.  Assuming you registered your products online, you should be able to find your serial numbers. If CS3 was your qualifying product for the CS6 upgrade, you'll need both numbers.

https://account.adobe.com/products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Nancy.

Regards

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I realise it has been a long time since I communicated via this community entry how ever today I tried to carry out the instructions Nancy gave me on the 28 October 2020

If I open the url on my current machine to https://account.adobe.com/ it seem the correct page opens.

If I go to https://account.adobe.com/products/ I can see a list of down loads and serial numbers under Products, however if I select activated devices I see "You have no activated devices"

I tried to open this page on my new machine but could not. I need to be able to use CS6 on the new machine, that the reson I purchase it.

Of course I cannot remove CS6 from this machine as I am using it mand it is working very well.

Can anyone please assist me with what I can do to get myCS6 working on my new machine.
Many thanks for your help.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your new computer can support legacy software, many new operating systems don't.

Your online device activation/deactivation panel only works with current Creative Cloud subscriptions.   It won't help you with legacy Creative Suite.

Are you saying you've used up your activation limit for CS6?

If so, you must contact Adobe directly.  Fellow product users can't help you with that.  Keep in mind that CS6 is no longer supported.  ONLY ask for an activation count reset and nothing more.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the very prompt reply Nancy.

I have two PC's with cs6 installed.
Another PC no longer exists which from memory had cs6 installed.

When I look at https://account.adobe.com/products
I see one serial number which is the same as I have on my records. This has a button marked Download.

There is another Serial Number marked Web Premium which has a label with a serial number as my record (on the original disc box)

Also on the list is #Standard Studio Version 6.1

Can you please advise any actions to take, I would like to keep my present PC with cs6 working and apply another cs6 to my new machine.

Would it help to send a picture of this page? Remove Serial Numbers?

Thanks for you help.
Regards
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget what's in your online account.

Use the CS6 installation disks in your posession.

You'll find out soon enough if it works or not.  If you do see an error message, come back and tell us exactly what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 (version 12) was released in 2012.  That's the one you want. 

Anything earlier than that is pretty much useless now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Laptop I wish to place cs6 on does not have a DVD slot is there another way please?

Thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy an external optical reader on Amazon.com for about $20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I updated cs3 to cs6 it was explained they were no longer sending out dvd's but I needed to download the update. So I never received any cs6 dvd but all worked quite well so it was no problem at that time.
So at this time I have the CS3 discs with the label I stuck to the casing with the product number I see on the page https://account.adobe.com/products

It does seem from what is said "CS6 (version 12) was released in 2012. That's the one you want.
Anything earlier than that is pretty much useless now."
I wonder if I could download the cs6 application from my present PC in order to reinstall this on my new laptop. (I seem to remember and maybe updated around July 2018)
Thank you
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the CS6 direct installation link below.  Hopefully it will work with your license.  Make sure to follow the VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS on that page or it won't download from Adobe's servers.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number I have, does this cover all three licences or just one of the three.

Thanks 

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You absolutely need a valid serial number for CS6 to activate it beyond the trial period.   If it was purchased as an upgrade to CS5, you'll likely need that serial number, too.   CS3 & CS4 serial numbers are useless as they are both DEAD and cannot be activated.

I think you have all you need at this point. 

Failing that, you'll need to get new software  -- either Adobe Creative or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

May I thank you especially Nancy for all the help and advice given to me in the installation. I now have my Dreamweaver installed on my new Laptop.

Your advice on Jul 14, 2022 helped me get through the hurdles. Even the correct password which I had, needed to be  replaced by a new a shiny password.
Of course I would like to thank all other contributers who also helped me understand what needed to be carried out.
Thanks again

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines