• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search feature with dreamweaver template

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a site with products ids, I need to include a search feature that can find a specific product within the site. I found a template in Dreamweaver that includes the search form. How can I learn how to make it work? Is there any script out there for this? Thank you

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search is a server-side thing or something based on a pre-fab XML/ JavaScript that holds the indices and keywords. A input field named search in any form doesn't mean anything if the logic behind is missing. Depending on what you are looking for, something like this may get you started: http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/. For more complex stuff, you will have to use PHP or other server languages or rely on Google...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It looks that this site you gave has all the answers, really good place to start

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting with this article.  As suggested, you will need to use server scripting to accomplish the task you need.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/develop_web_application.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines