Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok i am gettinbg this error. 

pages:Travel:2023:Andros:Andros.html - Put operation successful
Path was: /usr/local/www/kasdivi.com/p7pm3
Path was: /usr/local/www/kasdivi.com/p7pm3
/usr/local/www/kasdivi.com/p7pm3/ - error occurred - Unable to create server folder /usr/local/www/kasdivi.com/p7pm3/.  Out of memory
p7pm3:p7PM3-02.css - user cancelled

Doing a search i found this  discussion 6 years ago

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/server-out-of-memory-error/m-p/8990453 

The crux on thei seemed yto be physical memory and some finger pointing at external drives. so I movetr the files off an external and on to the actual machine. and restarted  Even after that I have 43GB of available memory on my deskstop.   My server where  run the web site . is hosted has 95% of its diskspave available

Any thoughts?    I can uploade using a FTP client

https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/server-out-of-memory-error/m-p/8990453#M19664

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to create server folder 

===========

Problems with the server are beyond the scope of this Dreamweaver support community.  Contact your hosting provider.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanlks. I used a different FTP client and it worked fine...   Not first tie I have had issues with DW and SFTP

(i run the host)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like server out of memory wouldn't go away just because of changing a client. If the process that was using the memory has since run and the memory is free again your FTP connection would be allowed again regardless of the client being used.

If you run the host, then you should be able to see the memory processes run through the server logs and be able to determine what caused the memory spike at the time you were experiencing issues. Like mentioned this is beyond even the user to user support you would typically get from these forums, but if you are getting that error I would highly recommend diving deeper into the root of that potential issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The out of memory was only reported on th client. There is no spike on the host..

As seen else whetre in my rants DW and I just dont really get along.  Thanks for you response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"DW and I just dont really get along."

Time to move on!

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont disagree  jusr have 20 years of hirtory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines