• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site is not connecting to databases on localhost. Can't create or edit record sets/ DW4

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update a book publishing site and get undefined error messages when I try to create or edit record sets.  I can see the databases in MAMP in localhost, but can't access them. I'm using DW4 and MAMP Pro. Here's the dialogue box regarding accessability:

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 12.02.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Which version of PHP does Mamp use?  If it's PHP7, you're never going to connect.

You will need PHP 5.4 or lower to use the deprecated server behavior panels.

The panels were removed from DW in 2013 for a reason. They generate obsolete code.

Put this code into a new PHP file.

Change  information in bold to your own.

Save as info.php.

Run it on your localhost. 

<?php

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","your_username","your_password","your_database_name");

// Check connection

if (mysqli_connect_errno())

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't be really be using Dreamweaver 4 from 16 years ago.  Don't you mean Creative Suite 4?

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was Late.  Of course I meant CS4.  Blurry eyes do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have set up the local site definition details correctly in DW and there is a site folder in the mamp folder with the correct name.

Also check what php version mamp is using as the DW server behaviours were discontinued as a result of them not being compatible with newer versions of php.

Have you ever been able to access the folder or is this the first time of trying.

Also have you tried changing the folder name, maybe it doesnt like the . before the 2

Have you got any other projects in the mamp folder that you can successfully connect to.

Are the connection details -  server name, username and password to your database correct.

The above are the kinds of things ld be checking to try and identify where the issue might lie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked everything.  All seems well, but still can't access. Mamp is v.4.  The site is several years old.  Just can;t access.  I'm feeling really stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of PHP does Mamp use?  If it's PHP7, you're never going to connect.

You will need PHP 5.4 or lower to use the deprecated server behavior panels.

The panels were removed from DW in 2013 for a reason. They generate obsolete code.

Put this code into a new PHP file.

Change  information in bold to your own.

Save as info.php.

Run it on your localhost. 

<?php

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","your_username","your_password","your_database_name");

// Check connection

if (mysqli_connect_errno())

{

echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();

}

else echo "<h1>Success in database connection! Happy Coding!</h1>";

phpinfo()

?>

This will tell you which PHP version you have.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve your problem?

In Mamp ver 4, it looks like the default set-up is PHP 7.  See screenshot.   Old server behavior connections won't work with PHP7. You can try it with PHP 5.6.  But you might need to disable warning messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy.

You surely know that I'm a novice, but I have courage.  I'll be working on this tomorrow and will let you know what happens.  Again, THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything that has been suggested or that I can think of to deal with this issue.  I've only made matters worse.  I need professional help (technical).  Any ideas? Someone to climb inside all this and to get it up and going. My limited expertise is now a major hurdle.  Enough knowledge to be dangerous as it were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you actually get a response if you type localhost/site_folder_name/page_name.html into your browers url bar like below?

localhost/ic-site.2/

localhost/ic-site.2/index.html

Also can you tell us what 'port' numbers Mamp is set to?

When you start MAMP, I presume you have done that, go to Preferences and choose 'Ports'

The information should be as follows:

Apache Port: 80

Nginx Port: 80

MySQL Port: 3306

Set MAMP ports to default

Set Web & MySQL ports to 80 & 3306

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines