• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site won't update

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on all day. So if I run my old version of DW 5.5 I can connect to my ftp without any problems. I an update my files, edit etc with no issues at all. When I run this current version "THAT I'M PAYING A MONTHLY SUBSCRITPTION FOR". Nothing updates. What is the cause? It's not my host as I've checked that multiple times and they are fully up and operational. Again, run the old version of the software, connect via ftp and I can edit and update any file in my directories. I connect with the "online service" and can't update or edit anything. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you work the same way between the two versions of DW, and that your FTP clients are set up in the same way

So,

Did both clients connect to the server correctly ?

Lena_0-1671793567515.png

What happens when you open the FTP client window ?

Lena_1-1671793567525.png

What happens when you put, or get, files?

Lena_2-1671793567536.png

If all this works correctly, maybe on the old version of DW you used the put on save feature, and not on the new DW

Lena_3-1671793567548.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my FTP works fine. No problems at all. I can connect and "get and put files" with CS5. I can connect via filezilla and get and put.. I can open IE and explore the directories and get and put files. My firewall is set to allow DW in and out. Just very very frustrating to be working and nothings updating. As of now. I have to make corrections, save locally and upload and overwrite via filezilla in order to any changes to take effect. The changes that are taking effect have proven to me that it's not browswer catch. It's something with this software. I have media queries on my site and they will show sometimes, then they fade out and I presume it's a connection issue. But again everything on my end is fine. This is one reason I'm not a fan of subscription based products. Would be interesting to hear from Adobe about the 1 of work lost and how that effects my subscription compensation.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time you run an FTP in the new DW, click on Site-->Advanced-->FTP Log and see if there are any errors in there. If so post them and we can help with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be helpful to know what the FTP error log says. 

Meanwhile, check your site definition settings in latest version of Dreamweaver.  

Ensure that the S/FTP log-in credentials are correct and properly pointing to the server's Root Directory.   Failure to upload files to the correct location on your server would certainly explain why you don't see the updates.

Click the TEST button.  If you still can't connect, Click on MORE OPTIONS.  See screenshot.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines