• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sorting 101

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master detail page which has serveral columns.  I'd like to have the user be able to sort each column by clicking on the header.  I would like to know the best practices way of accomplishing this.  I've tried a few methods on my own by creating recordsets with different sorts but getting the link to work is boggling me.  Any help appreciated.

Steve

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to do this is to use JavaScript. Since the data retrieved from the recordset isn't going to change, there's no real point in making a round trip to the server to display the results in a variety of different ways. Google "javascript sort tables", and you'll come up with a lot of solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took your advice David as always and found this link.  Within seconds I was sorting tables!

http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/#totalsrows

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines