Special Characters, two things!

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things:

Would it be possible for DreamWeaver to mark as errors those special characters that will not render correctly in modern browsers? As the moment my work flow involves uploading a page, checking for errors, finding those effors on the DW file, correcting and then re-uploading. 

Secondly, why is the DW special character screen a drop-menu, sub-menu, sub-menu away and then so limited?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which characters are you referring to ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All sorts: non-breaking spaces, acents, n-dash, m-dash, &, etc. If these are copied into DW they 'appear' to render correctly, when when viewed in a browser I get a black diamond with a ? symbol.

This morning, I copied some text over with "front façade of the building" text in it. I caught two of the "façades" and changed these to "façade", but I missed the third... and had to go back to DW to edit and re-upload.

(I have no idea how "façade" and/or "façade" are going to render in this message.)

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Charset are you using on the site?

You should see something like this in the <head> of your page...

<meta charset="utf-8">

The utf-8 charset should have no issue with the vast majority of accents. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the <meta charset="utf-8"> was missing! I have added this now.

The page.php has been up for several years and has been edited many, many times. That may well have been the problem.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dans votre message précédent, vous parliez de navigateurs modernes, de ce fait si votre page est bien encodée, il n'y a pas de nécessité d'employer d'entités HTML.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines