• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This gap is driving me crazy!

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of this page conald marlow there is a gap between the final ruler line and the top of the footer.  I cannot see why this gap exists.

I have a slight suspicion it may be  something to do with my ‘sticky footer’ which I have copied from css tricks  (I am using the first of the five methods described there).  I say  this because there is a div in that gap used by the ‘sticky footer’ with a class of 'push'  but it’s only 50px but that does not account for the rest of the gap.

There are other pages in my site that do not have such a gap, take a look at  annie or harry 

I have validated the html and the three css files involved and looked at the page with Firefox Developer tools but still cannot figure out why that gap exists – help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I don't see any difference in the space between the <hr> and footer in any of those pages. It's using the default 10 pixel margin for all of them as far as I can see.

Adding...

hr{margin:0;}

...to your css will get rid of it. Though the elements might be a bit scrunched together if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per the other comment the spacing seems the same to me in browsers tested.   If you are seeing different can you post a screenshot and include your browser + version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks chaps for taking a look.  here's what I see in FireFox 83

marlow.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also I just discovered if I alter the browser window and bring down from full-screen the gap can be made to vanish.  Check out this video (if it loads)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines