• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect Dreamweaver with mysqli

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having hard time connecting to a sql database. I am using DW 19.1, Windows 10, Wampserver (all services running). I just build a simple DW-php form/code.

I am starting with two issues:

The very first line is looking for a wamp64.php file that has:

$wamp64 = mysql_pconnect(.......), I am replacing with mysqli but DW is replacing that all the time with the original mysql sentence.

Second: I am trying with different PHP verion, but I am not able to get the databases.

Can anyone help me with the right environment to avoid all this annoying situation. Seems like PHP's dreamweaver is working with and old version and DW is not reading mysql. Any help highly appreciated

Error1.JPG

Thread Renamed by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at 2 videos out of a series of videos that I made

1. Server side
  2. Client side
Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment your best option if you dont want to invest a few hours learning how to write the code yourself, its dead easy really, is to move away from Dreamweaver and investigate Wappler,

It might be best suited if youre not looking to go very far in web development, ie someone who does this more as a hobby, has a limited amount of clients, whose job is not solely building websites, has no ambition to progress further than their own 'front door' so to speak.

I say this because it uses proprietory coding techniques which will limited your scope to progress and limit your options to seek help beyond its own forum. In all other ways its the best option right now for producing dynamically driven database websites if you fit into any of the categories mentioned, short of buying an extension for DW.

You have the information, you decide which fits best for you.

Edited.

Im not sure why we are going over this again as l see reading back over the thread much of the same information has already been supplied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After all these comments, now we know Adobe is not giving a dime for DW.  Is any other app/tool that we can use to design forms, connect with the SQL database and do PHP?. Any input highly appreciated.

Your options are:

1) Learn how to code by hand

2) Use a third party extenion that works with Dreamweaver DMXZone have a suite of extenions for database connection, forms, login systems etc and so do Webassist

3) Look at moving to another program liken Wappler as osgood_  says

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines