• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Dreamweaver CS6 key with Dreamweaver CS4

New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have CS6 key, but I would really like go back to Dreamweaver CS4. I have install copy of CS4, but CS6 key won't work.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Nothing you can do.  Your CS6 serial number is not compatible with CS4 and vice versa.

Chris is partly right.  CS1, CS2 and CS3 activation servers are officially dead and gone.   However, CS4, CS5 and CS6 activation servers are still online but the products themselves are on life support.  To use outdated software, you need the following:

1. the original installation disks,

2. a legitimate serial number for that particular product, version and platform (Win or Mac),

3. a supporting operating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you will be as thwarted trying to install CS4 as you were with your CS6 key. CS4 reached its end of life a long, long time ago, and any servers needed to finalize the installation that would have been active when CS4 was have long been turned off, for one, and for two, your current computer operating system will most likely not be compatible with the software and disallow the installation. For three, your CS6 key is unique to your copy of CS6--which also has basically passed end of life. Most likely, your only real option is a Creative Cloud subscription or switching to the free but bloated Brackets or maybe Wappler.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing you can do.  Your CS6 serial number is not compatible with CS4 and vice versa.

Chris is partly right.  CS1, CS2 and CS3 activation servers are officially dead and gone.   However, CS4, CS5 and CS6 activation servers are still online but the products themselves are on life support.  To use outdated software, you need the following:

1. the original installation disks,

2. a legitimate serial number for that particular product, version and platform (Win or Mac),

3. a supporting operating system that can run legacy Creative Suite software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines