Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What have you done ?? to dreamwever

Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Dreamweaver for a while now and I liked the way I could write my code and it would auto populate or provide a wizard - tab key and select what I wanted - I just downloaded the 2017 update and everything seems to have gone pear shaped, its almost as though you have changed something for the sake of change as apposed to making something better ??

I might as well just code in notepad++

anyone else having problems with new not so intuitive code editor ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back to DW2015. I really don't think Adobe considered anybody who works in the code window in this release and have aimed the product at the 'drag and drop' market, particularly with the new live preview.

Having battled with DW2017 for a few days I don't think in it's current form its worth investing the time and effort to get used to - certainly not in its current form. It has to be in the interest of Adobe to sort this out, otherwise as you say we may as well all switch to Notepad++?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem and chatted with Support.  I opened Creative Cloud and found the Previous Versions and reinstalled Dreamweaver 2015.  I chatted with Support again and downloaded via the 2015 UI and it upgraded me to DW CC 2015.3.

I think that there is a lot of work to be done on 2017.  It's buggy and many plugins don't work on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickster56 wrote:

It's buggy and many plugins don't work on it.

You still have not said which ones.  Please be more specific.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can view the problems here Dreamweaver Help | Known issues | Dreamweaver CC 2017

On the positive side, you can view the new features here New features summary for the 2017 release of Dreamweaver CC

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar reactions to the new version.  Developers forget that we have a workload and having a whole new range of changes (many that don't work) is time wasted in project flow.

A lot of my extensions don't work in DW 2017 and many users of the same add-ins are having to find or wait for features to be re-instated.  This throws the whole web developer community off to recreate what we had been fluent with in CC 2015.

I'm going to try to d/l DW 2015 and use it instead until Adobe tightens up the 2017 program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know which extensions do not work, I have about 40 extensions no probs.

As for rolling back, see How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickster56 wrote:

A lot of my extensions don't work in DW 2017

@rickster56,

Which extensions don't work?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We feel your pain. The beta period only lasted for four months - not near enough for such a major update - but the powers-that-be at Adobe pushed it out before it was ready - there were/are many issues in the release build we received and still no word on when un update is likely.

Yup. Go back to CC 2015.3 to save your sanity. Yo can re-install it if it was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines