• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the jQuery options in DW CS5?

Explorer ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Trial DW CS5, but unable to find options for jQuery and HTML 5.

Is there any feature 'bout jQuery Intellisence and HTML 5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when you write " this. " ,  then coming are snippets.. how is it work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked Site -> Site-Specific Code-Hints to activate code hints for jQuery, but it says it is for PHP sites only and asks me to add a PHP serrver(?!)

What if I don't want to use PHP? Why DW needs a server(?!) for code hinting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2010 May 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.. You must ad .js extension in filter to show js files code hinting.

DW doesn't have better code hinting for jQuery. Here DW fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari,

Yes you are right, here DW fails! Miserably fails!

If you add a code hinting feature for your plug-in, it is greatly appreciated, but it may be a big work for an individual.

Generally talking DW is not keeping up itself according to the evolution in the industry, a couple of examples:

(1) CSS inspection is a new feature in CS5, but this has been available in a FREE tool called Firebug (getfirebug.com) since FEW YEARS

(2) DW does not give any support for the popular Java Server Faces (JSF), it is still keeping already retired JSP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DON BOSKO

DW is now only for ColdFusion, PHP and JScript.

1. PHP => Checkout the PHPEdit 3, you will learn how to code in PHP.

2. CSS =>  TopStyle Pro for better CSS approah. (Live CSS Preview without any HTML)

Still there is no Good IDE for JScript.

But i love how DW show  the CSS codes preview in Combobox

DW have the greatest WYSIWYG editor in the world. There is no Web Editor who comparing to DW CS5. and one of the powerful feature of DW ihave API. You can run your JScript code behind DW.

PHP + JScript + CSS + HTML = Adobe Dreamweaver CS5

-- , Sag-e-Attar Junaid Atari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2010 Jun 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make Insert panel active when editing Javascript type files? I would like to use jQuery Utilities Toolset when writing JavaScript code in separate file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think no... Maybe possible.. I created the seperate thread for it in DW Extensions.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2935519#2935519

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2011 May 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to know if there are now any new features in DW CS5 that include jQuery intellisense.  This post was a year ago

and Visual Studio has closed that gap, so what is DW doing for it?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to know if there are now any new features in DW CS5 that include jQuery intellisense.  This post was a year ago

and Visual Studio has closed that gap, so what is DW doing for it?  Thanks.

jQuery intellisense (i.e. dynamic Code Hinting) was added in DW CS5.5.

HTH,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That be true. But it needs to be tweaked BADLY.

Right now I see little support for the UI and other plugins. It seems to work best with jquery mobile.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised Adobe choose to support only 1 framework. I would've perferred a setup where you coud support any framework. Bu ok.

The good news is that you can still set things up using Site Specific Code Hints and get decent intellisense.

But frankly, nothing beats Visual Studio in intellisense. I wish VS had PHP intellisense. There are other IDE that do an excellent job at it (for PHP and Ruby) like PHStorm and RubyMine. Both also do excellent jobs with any js library. And both even have built in js debuggers!

By the way, that is one thing DW is sourly lacking... a debugger (and I'm talking PHP debugger).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines